Rules?

• Risiko94
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
2 years 9 months ago #30801 by Risiko94
Rules? was created by Risiko94
I wanted to ask if the real rules for HOG are hidden somewhere.
1. According to the rules, free kit squads are forbidden, yet you see full apc/tank/trans/cas squads all the time with everyone playing as INF. Usually i would report it, but since the admins are doing it too, it clearly must be ok, right?

2. You are supposed to stay away from enemy DoD, yet players and admins regularly place mines right outside DoD or wait there with HAT / AA. Again, the great admins on this server, god bless 'em, would never think of breaking the rules, so the ones we can find here www.hogclangaming.com/index.php/rules/project-reality-rules CLEARLY can't be the correct ones.

3. roadkilling with helicopter is not against the rules, yet sometimes (when an admin or his friend is the victim) the pilot gets punished.
Roadkilling, if not done excessively, is not against the rules, yet "sometimes" people get kicked on their first offense.

So is there a list with the real rules for this server or do i simply have to befriend one of the admins to get special treatment? I can give great head ive been told, so maybe we can work something out?
More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #30802 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Rules?
1. You must be trolling and just not that bright if you expect an actual response to your sarcastic smart ass comment. If there’s a next time, consider asking it as genuine questions.

2. We’re not robots. What the admin says, you should follow. Your interpretation of a free kit squad is not the same as others. Learn that.

3. Road killing with a helicopter is against the rules. Not sure why you think it isn’t.

4. Please print this out and hang it up so you don’t forget. It’s also in the bottom of our rules. There is not a rule for every edge case. Listen to the admin in-game.

Either follow our rules or dont and expect to get admined. If your feedback is the rules are not to your liking, feel free to join or start another server that has one that is. Stop testing them.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Niki-Tret, Sexy_Saddam
More
2 years 9 months ago #30804 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Rules?
I know very well you won’t like that answer. I’m sorry, people have different opinions and you have to accept that not everyone agrees with you just as much as everyone doesn’t agree with ours. take a breath and decide if this is the hill you want to fight on.
More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #30805 by =HOG= 2IC
Replied by =HOG= 2IC on topic Rules?
Just my personal opinion from someone is who is an admin.

1. Idk if you play assets at all, but you can't blame asset squads for making themselves useful by playing as INF while they wait for their assets to spawn the first time or wait for them to respond.
Maybe they get too focused on the INF play and forget their assets respond, but I've rarely if ever seen asset squads created just to play INF with the explicit intention of not using assets to waste them.

Admins are players too, and sometimes we can't react to reports as fast as players want. 
Just because we don't give instant response doesn't mean we don't give a shit. 

Also, we may use our discretion to wait for the asset squads to RTB and use their assets.
Just because they're not using their assets right at that moment doesn't mean they're hoarding them to waste.
It's the same principle as waiting for someone to go AFK for at least 10-20 mins before kicking them.
Would you kick someone for being AFK for 1 min?

2. Unless it's a clear case of shooting into DOD and killing the enemy inside DOD, what constitutes DOD/main camping is a matter of interpretation of the situation, based on factors like (1) are there alternate exits out of main/DOD other than the one from which the alleged camping occurs, (2) even if there are alternate exits, mining one exit just leads to camping the other exit, and etc.

You can't expect all admins to have the exact same interpretation for every single situation, especially when there are dozens of maps and dozens more shapes and designs of main, DOD, and exits out of the two.
We're not robots, or even judges.

Just because one instance of admin decision was not to your liking doesn't mean the admins are applying double standards all the time.

3. This is the rule: "3.12 No hunting for road kills, the occasional is allowed but do not go looking for road kills."
It doesn't say "road kills by ground vehicles". It just say road kills, full stop.
That means it's all inclusive. 
You can squash someone with a CAS jet, and that is still road kill.

And read the rule even more carefully.
It doesn't say that if road kills are "not done excessively", they are allowed.
It says "no hunting" for road kills, twice to the same effect in the same sentence.
The common sense interpretation here then should be that if you're able to avoid a road kill, you should probably avoid it.
But if you didn't get into a situation with the intent to run someone over and if it's a choice between getting killed or wounded by that person unless you run that person over, you can do it.
This is just one type of situation I'm describing, but you get the gist.

Lastly, if you want the real rules and preferred status, PM me for my bank details. 

TL;DR - Admins are human. Every situation is unique. Admining is more complex than you think. PM me for my bank details.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by =HOG= 2IC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Risiko94
More
2 years 9 months ago #30807 by squires990
Replied by squires990 on topic Rules?
www.reddit.com/r/ProjectReality/comments..._real_rules_for_hog/

dudes just got a sore arse over something and is just using the time honoured german tradition of pedantry to try and get one over you instead of sticking with the normal report spamming
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=Haley11thACR, wiewatt
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 9 months ago #30817 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Rules?
Ban him and be done with this joker.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds