Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Report against various players for griefing

• currahee150
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #35968 by currahee150
Report against various players for griefing was created by currahee150
 Report against: 124bt, AtomicBullet, ColonelSanders21, Bu3nt, Supertramp, SolidJabar, SergeantevilS.nl, Trail, and UA| TillLindemann

Yesterday afternoon(8/19) we voted for and played an unusual layout, the Infantry Skirmish layer of The Falklands. The gameplay on this map focuses on 14 grounded, static skyraiders situated around an airfield. British commandos, conducting a night raid and limited to 40 tickets, must launch from the Atlantic Conveyor and destroy these planes to win. The Argentinains must defend these planes and destroy the British commandos to win. Alas, this round lasted but for three minutes; not because the British commandos were unusually effective at accomplishing their objective, but because griefers on their Argentinian team destroyed virtually all the planes they were supposed to defend. Possibly because they were upset that they couldn’t fly these planes. We have the the following order of unfortunate events:

Starting after approximately 90 seconds into round start:
  • Supertramp acquires a combat engineer kit and places a C4 on a plane. This will soon be the first plane to explode.
  • ColonelSanders21 begins shooting at a plane causing it to catch fire. This will eventually be the fifth plane to explode.
  • SergeantevilS.nl begins shooting at various planes with a BAR, including the second plane to explode.
  • Supertramp begins placing a second C4 on a second plane.
  • First plane explodes from the C4 placed by Supertramp.
  • SolidJabar teamkills Test.Isicle
  • Boulder, observing SergeantevilS.nl shooting at friendly planes and perhaps reasonably concluding that he was a British combatant, teamkills him, thinking he was an enemy.
  • Trail shoots another plane repeatedly, and throws a grenade at it, causing it to catch fire. This plane will eventually be finished off by UA| TillLindemann
  • Supertramp places c4 on the second plane, it blows up killing AgnusBeef in the process.
  • SolidJabar team kills two more people, henk1984 and WarrTerr282
  • AtomicBullet repeatedly shoots another plane, causing it to catch fire.
  • Bu3nt shoots a third plane with a LAT, causing it to explode.
  • ColonelSanders teamkills ArnoldHipster.
  • 124bt throws several grenades at the plane that Trail lit aflame, causing it to explode, and teamkilling out Alek in the process.
  • The fifth plane, on fire by cause ColonelSanders’ numerous bullets, explodes
  • Supertramp places a third C4 on another plane.
  • UA| TillLindemann shoots a Blowpipe manpad at a plane, killing numerous planes, and team killing 124bt in the process. This ends the round.
Just to emphasize this again: This was all done by players on the Argentinian team, destroying planes on their own team and killing their teammates.

Now, as I mentioned before, this chain of griefing was, I believe, set off in part by the revelation that these were static planes that the Argentinians team could not fly. The PR map gallery, in listing these planes as assets, perhaps gave the false impression that the Argentinians could fly these planes, and that their mission was to sink the Atlantic conveyor. This is certainly what I thought, and I communicated as much to my team at the start of the round, and joined a CAS squad accordingly. And indeed, I was mildly disappointed when it was revealed that these planes were static and our objective was merely to defend them.

But what I did not do, in a fit of childish anger, was begin to team kill my teammates and destroy the planes. It could still be an interesting and unique round. As the chat log reveal, both me and Test.Isicle communicated this to our team in team chat in no uncertain terms, before the griefers began team killing and destroying planes. At 1 minute into the round exactly, approximately half a minute before SuperTramp placed his first c4 on a plane, I said “DEFEND THE PLANES” and “IT'S A DEFENSIVE MAP,” communicating this further on local comms. As gunfire began to erupt about 30 seconds later, I pleaded, “DO NOT DESTROY THE PLANES” and “STOP SHOOTING THEM.”

Other members of the team followed up with similar pleas. This was emphatically not a matter of individuals merely believing that the planes were bugged, and the round was a lost cause, but rather a case of they just didn’t want to play the map, and/or were disappointed that they didn’t get to fly the planes.

It is all the more disappointing that an admin, SolidJabar, took part in these shenanigans, team killing four people at main, and in the process, giving what may have been interpreted as an admin’s implicit blessing for the following anarchy.

When, in local comms, I asked what SolidJabar was doing and if he was ordering his squad to destroy the planes, he responded something to the effect of “I wanted to fly planes this round.” I imagine this may have been a similar attitude to many of the other griefers.

However, players don't have the right to grief the rest of their team merely because the map that is being played is unusual, or the layout doesn't work as you expect. Rather, you be an adult and roll with it. These 9 griefers here ruined what would have been an interesting, very rarely played round for the other 91 players.

I do not see an exception for rule 1.2 and 1.7 that nullifies these rules when one or several players do not like the map layout that is currently being played, and I accordingly hope that these rules will be upheld and clarified as appropriate.

This may be a bit out of my lane, but to take a step back, I didn't make this report so that these players, several of them longtime veterans, could be “permabanned with no appeal” or anything like that, I don’t think that would be necessary given the circumstances, but I just don’t want them to do something like this again.

Thanks,
Currahee150

The battlerecorder file for this round is listed as: auto_2022_08_19_22_38_08.bf2demo

The trackers is listed as: tracker_2022_08_19_22_34_08_the_falklands_gpm_skirmish_16.PRdemo

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by currahee150.
More
1 year 8 months ago #35972 by =HOG= 2IC
Replied by =HOG= 2IC on topic Report against various players for griefing
Thank you for reporting this.

We will look into it.
  • currahee150
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #35973 by currahee150
Replied by currahee150 on topic Report against various players for griefing
Appreciate it, thanks.
More
1 year 8 months ago #35974 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Report against various players for griefing
Every single person banned for 5 days. including the admin.
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #35975 by fghf
I've seen some sad shit in my years of PR but this might be the top.

I don't think any player even Sgt. Grump can surpass the amount of cringe I received reading this post.

You may be the most annoying player in PR now, 2nd to Grump. 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Maintain dispersion!!!
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by fghf. Reason: cuz I can
  • TheMerchantOfMenace
More
1 year 3 months ago #37268 by TheMerchantOfMenace
Replied by TheMerchantOfMenace on topic Report against various players for griefing
WTF are you on about fghf?

Are you suggesting that Currahee should not have reported the asshatting?

Your post is unclear.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds