Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

How can you take a sniper kit without being kicked from the server?

• slorg25
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #36286 by slorg25
I was just playing on the HOG server, using a sniper kit in a squad named Znipzorz i.e. sniper. I played in this squad for 30 minutes, killing enemies, reporting positions, playing with the team. I was then kicked without warning for making a free kit squad? How are you supposed to take the sniper kit without being kicked off the server? How is this any different from an APC or tank squad which has a bunch of solo players with sniper, marksman, HAT kit? Thanks. 
More
1 year 7 months ago #36287 by R1ghty
PR is about teamwork. If you want to run around by yourself to be a "sniper", you need to find another game, or at least another server.

2.2 Squad Leaders must have and use microphone and speak English.
2.3 This is a teamwork server so join a squad, unassigned players will be kicked
2.4 Free Kit squads are prohibited
  • slorg25
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #36290 by slorg25
2.2 as I said I have a microphone, was using it to communicate and was actively engaging with other squad leaders and the commander on comms.

2.3 I wasn't unassigned I had a squad.

2.4 I wasn't a free kit squad I had a sniper in my sniper squad which was named the roll that I was.

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, and can see that any attempt to argue that my actions where very much team oriented is a waste of time. I think I just can't see how what I was doing broke any of the rules you've cited here. I also don't understand why I received no warning or simply had my squad disbanded?
More
1 year 7 months ago #36293 by R1ghty
There is a theme surrounding the rules I posted, and I never said you broke all of them.

Teamwork.

Sniper squad leaders are viewed as freekit squads. Squad leaders have a role in the game, and that is to lead squads, mark objectives/intel, build assets including fobs and rally points.

By having a sniper kit as a SL, there are things you are neglecting to do. Not to mention the 7 other players in your squad, likely running around all over the map.

I'm not going to continue arguing, at this point you either understand what you did wrong, or you don't and never will.

You don't have to agree with HOGs rules, but you do have to follow them while on their server.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deleted
More
1 year 7 months ago #36296 by R1ghty
For the sake of transparency, I'd like to say that some admins felt there was ambiguity in the term "freekit". The discussion was brought about because of this thread, so you may take solace knowing you helped enact change.

As such, the wording of the rule has been changed. The intention and enforcement of the rule have not changed.
More
1 year 6 months ago #36381 by Rico_228
Give a warning then
Do not make players robots, like they cant turn their head 16 degrees, then just create your own game where players cant do anything
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds