Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Unjust Temp Ban by TeeHazmat

• player____new
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #36708 by player____new
Unjust Temp Ban by TeeHazmat was created by player____new
Hello I am new____player. Why was I temp banned on Operation Barracuda 7:40 EST with the reason being main camping?

Main camping is no longer apart of the rules in Section 5 and you had left the staging area. 
More
1 year 5 months ago #36709 by =HOG= 2IC
Replied by =HOG= 2IC on topic Unjust Temp Ban by TeeHazmat
TeeHazmat?

I banned you.

You camped and killed a vehicle at the only entrance to the enemy's main base.

Do you think this is fair?
  • player____new
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #36710 by player____new
Replied by player____new on topic Unjust Temp Ban by TeeHazmat
I think is Temp Ban is a bit much for something not in the rules. I think a kill, kick, or warning would be appropriate in order to stop it and inform.

I did it specifically because I knew it passed the rules. My reasoning behind this "dirty" play is this:

"Note: You may shoot out of your own staging area ONLY to engage any enemy actively camping you. The enemy however cannot shoot into your staging area per Restriction 1 above."

I left it up to the shitbox whether it could defend itself. And since it didn't have a gunner I felt entitled to the kill.

But I understand where you are coming from and I respect your decision making because it makes the game better for everyone.
More
1 year 5 months ago #36711 by =HOG= 2IC
Replied by =HOG= 2IC on topic Unjust Temp Ban by TeeHazmat
You're not wrong.
This scenario isn't spelled out explicitly in the rules.

But the rules also say: "If an in-game situation is deemed extremely unfair to one side, admin discretion and opinion overrides these DOD rules on a case by case basis."

I deemed this situation to be unfair to the APCs because there's only one entrance for their main base, and there's even a downward slope if you come out of the entrance.
So effectively, vehicles coming out can only engage a camper by exiting the main base and exposing themselves.
There's no way they can utilize the right "to engage any enemy actively camping" without exiting the main base.

Mining that entrance is similar.
The only way you can remove the mine is by exiting the main base as a combat engineers and exposing yourself.
I've even seen combat engineers get killed while doing this by a camper who placed the mine to precisely bait combat engineers.

Imagine the table was turned.
You'd be upset. So would I.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abuser_killer
  • player____new
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #36712 by player____new
Replied by player____new on topic Unjust Temp Ban by TeeHazmat
I agree with your reasoning. Tbh, I never saw the "If an in-game situation is deemed extremely unfair to one side, admin discretion and opinion overrides these DOD rules on a case by case basis." rule until now.

I will take this into account in the future.

I am playing project reality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abuser_killer, Resilient
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds