The forum is in read only mode.

Reporting DOD shootdown and incompetent admin

• LiPOTO
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 4 days ago - 11 months 3 days ago #37592 by LiPOTO
Admin name: SolidJabar
Time: Last night 05/25/2023 after 10:03 PM
Place: Hades Peak, B5kp6 Russian DOD, tracker filename "tracker_2023_05_20_18_57_30_hades_peak_gpm_cq_128"

Critical times: 3:29:20, 3:07:30

Last night I joined the Russian trans squad to fly the Mi17 helicopter, unfortunately we were getting hit by APCs and AAs around the edge of DOD for the majority of the match, I myself died three times. One of these times I was shot down in DOD (3:29:20 in the tracker) but I didn't report it, as it was on the edge of DOD and I didn't want to get someone banned for a dumb mistake. The second time I got shot down in DOD was at 3:07:30 in the tracker, Jabar and his friend just got in my helicopter while I was resupplying and demanded to go to Sursk, which was at the time our last flag and enemy AA was reported there. I told him no and started gaining altitude to head to my SL who was going to build a FOB at around D9. As I started moving towards the edge of DOD we get shot down by the same people that shot me down earlier, once again in DOD. Jabar asks me in local "wtf I'm doing", I don't respond as I'm pretty annoyed and that's objectively a stupid question to ask someone who just got shot down by an enemy AA vehicle in DOD. Next thing I know I'm tempbanned for three hours for wasting assets, and that I shouldn't learn how to use assets on HOG or whatever. 

Was in the wrong here? Do I need to listen to admins telling me where to go in transport helicopters? By the way, the AA that shot us down was on the flag that Jabar wanted to fly to. I wasn't doing anything wrong, I got shot down only one more time than my squad leader, and we were doing a good job with crates and transportation. I think expecting these transport helicopters to live forever on maps where you have lock-on AA vehicles, kits and emplacements is kind of unrealistic. Or do I need to verbally answer the question of "wtf I'm doing" after we clearly just got locked and shot down in DOD, in order not to get banned? Not to mention he did nothing about the people that shot us down.

I understand that you are low on admins so you need every help you can get, I don't expect any admin rights being removed, I just hope I can leave a paper trail here. Don't take this as a personal attack, but everyone knows this guy is not even a decent admin. In the past I made the mistake of having him as an admin on my server, he proved and continues to prove that he is not in this for the health of the community. Please don't permaban buggy and sixboy (the guys who shot me down in DOD twice), they are good guys, this was just a stupid thing to do.

Thanks for reading and sorry to waste your time, I didn't want to be wasting mine here either but this really left a sour taste. I will take a justified ban any day but this was not that.
Last edit: 11 months 3 days ago by LiPOTO.
More
11 months 1 day ago - 11 months 1 day ago #37601 by =HOG= 2IC
Replied by =HOG= 2IC on topic Reporting DOD shootdown and incompetent admin
Hello, Lipoto.
Thank you for the post.

I checked the tracker for the round in question.

(1) The pilot is in absolute control of his helicopter, except in the case where the Trans squad SL gives the pilot an order.
You are not obliged to fulfill requests/demands by the passengers.
Trans squad knows best what threats exist out in the field and decide where to go.
I've personally died as a pilot countless times trying to fulfill requests by SLs that call for crates in areas where it's clearly not safe to fly.
The only acceptable scenario in which pilots are resigned/kicked/etc. for not cooperating with other squads is when the pilots are clearly intentionally withholding the helicopters for whatever reason and causing damage to the team (i.e. Trans squad is doing barrel rolls in the middle of nowhere for their own amusement while other squads are screaming for crates to build FOBs for the team).
This case is NOT one of those scenarios.

(2) TB against you for asset was NOT justified.
I cannot determine whether the admin in question indeed TB'd you because you refused to follow his request/demand to go to a certain area.
However, giving you a TB for being shot down by enemy AAV in DOD is, at best, extremely poor judgment and, at worst, abuse of admin power outside the parameters set for the admins.
This admin will be dealt with accordingly.

One clarification: Admins are NOT allowed to use their admin powers to demand players follow their orders/demands.
This also borders on admining gameplay, which is an absolute NO since the beginning of HOG.
Report this to me or any of the head admins if this happens in the future, either in the forum/Discord or Discord DM.

(3) Despite your plea, I must ban sixboy for those ground-to-air DOD kills.
He has a history of doing this kind of thing, and in this instance, those kills were really not the "edge" of DOD.
He knew what he was doing, and even if he didn't, it's his responsibility to check the DOD boundaries on a given map.
Last edit: 11 months 1 day ago by =HOG= 2IC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LiPOTO
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds