server instability

• jazzjackrabbit
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
7 years 11 months ago #6026 by jazzjackrabbit
server instability was created by jazzjackrabbit
Hi is there anything that can be done to make the server more reliable? It crashed 4 times this evening alone and whilst I don't know if it was DDOS or a bug it can be very frustrating. Would a slightly more expensive server make it more reliable? If so I would be willing to donate to support it as I hope others would.

kashan
crash
muttrah city
crash
jabal
crash - this time the server died
(later) kokan
crash

:(
More
7 years 11 months ago #6027 by whatthehell
Replied by whatthehell on topic server instability
Hi Jazzjackrabbit, It can be a number of things. this current one seems to be malicious, because Free candy went down as well, and they are on a different server in a different location. Also remember that is is 10 years old and has always crashed here and there for unknown reasons.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #6034 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic server instability
We already have the best server available with a massive amount of bandwidth...it is not the server...its attacks, an old game and probably master server issues since often the game crashes but the round continues....we have two servers....mixed maps 2 is the one we currently use....thinking about taking it down and running the other server and see if its any better...
  • =HOG= Moozery
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • =HOG= System Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #6044 by =HOG= Moozery
Replied by =HOG= Moozery on topic server instability
Sorry for the delay guys, been working.

The instability isn't from DDOS attacks or any resource issues from what my logs are telling me.

Seems we had a small spike of crashes yesterday though which is unusual. 6 crashes in about 15 hours. From what I can see the average is about 3-4 per day. (Mixed Maps 1)

"Mixed Maps" is located on our primary PR server, "Mixed Maps 2" is located on the server we used for our training server. I figured it would've been the #2 one that would be unstable since it's box is used for a lot of other things, plus we had a few little problems with it in the past.

We've only had 1 crash so far today on Mixed Maps 1, so I would recommend to keep that as the primary for now and just keep an eye on things. In the mean time I'll try to keep a watch on this for any unusual spike of crashes.

Thanks for reporting this to us!

"My brain has too many tabs open, and I can't figure out which one is playing that freaking song!"
More
7 years 11 months ago #6079 by Gunnyy
Replied by Gunnyy on topic server instability
Sometimes is wasn't crashing from maps it was a connection error crash, specially a couple minutes after round starts we get lagged out then we all lose connection.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #6085 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic server instability
We know that we just dont know why...the server stays up so that points to a PR authentication server issue
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds