Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Question regarding rules

• Protech
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #6086 by Protech
Question regarding rules was created by Protech
Hi! This is my first forum post, so I'll make it as brief as possible.
Although the following questions may seem like they are from an "inexperienced" player, I can assure you that I've played on =HOG= in both PR (my goto server) and INS. I just wanted to ask them in case of future misunderstandings between players.

So under the rules, I noticed that there is a rule implemented which basically prohibits attacking a flag without an attack marker on it.

Does this rule regard heavy assets, such as CAS, Tanks, and APCs/IFV's as well, or is it only limited to infantry and/or light assets (think humvees, civi cars and logis)

In addition, on maps like Soul Rebel, where all the flags are neutralized, does this include said neutralized flags? I know that for the most part, setting up a defensive perimeter around uncappable neutralized flags in order to capture said flags when they become available is a major part of AAS gameplay.

IMHO, I feel like only being able to attack flags that are available to you results in "linear" gameplay. The majority of players that I've seen completely disregard the rule (probably accidentally) with the exception of main bases, and first flags belonging to teams. which makes sense, but then fact that certain flags aren't available kinda prohibits capturing flags that should not be available to you.

Sorry if this was long, and I'm also sorry if this post happens to bring up a rift in gameplay, but the reason why I brought it up is because there was a round taking place on a map between Russia and Germany (forgot the name but it's not Dovre, has a factory, plains, etc.) that I played on, where the Germans essentially stomped us, by rushing our first cappable flag (factory), and then setting up FOBs and Assets surrounding the factory.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Protech.
More
7 years 11 months ago #6088 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic Question regarding rules
Do not attack enemy bases unless there is an attack flag on it. Bases that have no flag on them are considered out of limits. People that are trying to bend the rules or like testing the limits will be removed. The rules are clear enough, stay away from main bases.

I think its quite easy to understand.
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #6463 by Im Druid
Replied by Im Druid on topic Question regarding rules

Do not attack enemy bases unless there is an attack flag on it. Bases that have no flag on them are considered out of limits. People that are trying to bend the rules or like testing the limits will be removed. The rules are clear enough, stay away from main bases.

I think its quite easy to understand.

But I don't think he still does.

Although it is simple enough the way it is worded I guess it could confuse someone. This rule is implemented to keep people from attacking main bases. Since a main base does not have an attack flag usually, or it has a do not attack flag. It has usually been viewed as that. Since later on in the rule it clarifies that you do not attack main bases. Thus it is a rule regarding main bases.

I doubt =HOG= would enforce a linear game-play in a game that is nonlinear. And if someone tried to, and you get punished for it. Just quote the fact that in war, and in modern warfare especially there have been instances of groups pushing ahead to capture objectives ahead of the actual push.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Im Druid. Reason: reasons
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #6469 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Re:Question regarding rules
You can attack any flag at any time unless it is the MAIN base, if so, then you have to wait till flag

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds