Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

the foreign language issues

• GinNeko
  • GinNeko's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #650 by GinNeko
the foreign language issues was created by GinNeko
I'm not sure this issue is already discussed on somewhere in this forum, so I'm writing this here.
Few hours ago, the 2 guys manning assets is kicked from server for the reason "using heavy assets without speaking English"
and, as a squadleader of those 2 guys, I just want to make complain about this.

I've re-read the rule since those guys kicked out, but I couldn't find any article about those language, communication requirement for manning assets. If it's actual rule applied in the server, please put it as text-based article.
We've been terrified of those unexpected punishment from those admin's principals.
More
8 years 5 months ago #653 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic the foreign language issues
This is an American server. English is the language which people use independent of where they are playing from. The server does not provide translators.

If someone who didn't speak or understand your language went to play on a server in your area, would it be a positive or negative experience?

I've seen many people play without much knowledge of English, but they normally have a squad leader who does understand and speak it. If you or your friends attempt to run squads, especially the squads that people need to talk to (CAS, TANK, APC, TRANS, etc.) but cannot communicate in English, it is very probable that they will be kicked or resigned as squad leader.

Bring someone who can speak English with you -- problem solved, okay?
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #654 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic the foreign language issues
We will amend the rules to include that. Thanks for the input.
  • GinNeko
  • GinNeko's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #655 by GinNeko
Replied by GinNeko on topic the foreign language issues
True, those skills are necessary to play such as SLs and I understand sometimes players feel uncomfortable to those non-English players.
But what I'm concerning is those English skill is needed or not to play as squad member, while playing with English speaker as squad leaders. Actually last time, I've been answering to admins question as SL, translator and he's sure I'm enough to communicate with.
So I'm suggesting, if English is necessary to play as a squad member, asset driver, please put this on to article.
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #659 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic the foreign language issues
Ah, yes great that you came here Gin, saved me a PM to Super to update the rules ;) As I tried to tell you was that out site was new/moved and we needed to update the rules on the page. The 2 guys I kicked got in the apc and drove off, after I had told them several times this English requirement.

Gin the reason for this rule is that often on urban maps where apcs and tanks work hand in hand with infantry, the team needs to be able to communicate directly with the gunner/driver instead of thorough the SL's of both squads.
Can you imagine this. Map Muttrah. AAV sitting on the road, me standing next to it, and I have to ask my SL who may not see what I see, to tell the apc's SL to tell the AAV at x location to shoot at the wrap around building at 200 degrees, 140 meters away 3rd floor, and then even maybe have to correct that fire because of wrong direction. That takes time..alot of time - and in an urban enviroment, could end up badly if the enemy was a LAT kit.

Also, since a couple had this problem, always have the soundsetting at a low enough level so its possible to hear local mumble.

It was quite annoying, our chat ended with me pressing enter after I wrote a sentence and the server crashed because of that ;)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Jevski.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds