Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Question regarding Mechanized Infantry

• Bodeswell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #806 by Bodeswell
Question regarding Mechanized Infantry was created by Bodeswell
I was unable to find a concrete answer in the rules section, hoping for some clarification and possibly to get this kind of play endorsed in your rules as I love to play this way.

In the rules section the following is stated:

Tracked APC and Wheeled APC's are to be combined with a minimum of 6 squad members before being locked and must be named APC, this squad will encompass ALL Armored Pers. Carriers including IFV's

Does this mean Mechanized Infantry squads are prohibited? What is the policy regarding Mechanized Infantry squads who wish to operate an APC or IFV along side their infantry? Does a Mechanized Infantry squad get claim over 1 APC for the duration of the round? Does it matter if a MEC INF squad is made after APC squad while the round start timer is still counting down?

Looking for an official ruling before I try it. Love playing on the =HOG= server, this type of squad is one I would like to lead if permissible.

Thanks,
Bodeswell
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Bodeswell.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #807 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Question regarding Mechanized Infantry
hey Bodeswell,
We currently dont have a mech infantry squad, im with you, thats not only fun but its a smarter approach to the game as well as both can protect each other.
As the rules state all the apcs belong to the apc squad. If you are the squad leader of the apc squad and wish to require your apcs work with the infantry then there is nothing anyone or any admin can do with that, its your call.

However, forcing that game play cannot be done with the current rule set. It has been tossed around before and lies dormant for now.
Will we ever change it? i hope so, when? i have no idea. We are working on our admin corps, map selections and slimming down our rules.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bodeswell
  • Bodeswell
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #813 by Bodeswell
Replied by Bodeswell on topic Question regarding Mechanized Infantry
Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate it. Hope to see this kind of gameplay on HOG soon.
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #814 by Tequila
Replied by Tequila on topic Question regarding Mechanized Infantry
I did like the mechanized INF model better but found good success with just finding a good INF squad and working directly with them as an MECH INF squad. The only real hindrance we ran into was a little bit of communication lag from having 2 different squads.

I think in a perfect world I would love to see a MECH INF squad with APCs and a separate IFV squad for IFVs. Again the issue with that goes back to the logistics there only being limited squad slots, and from micromanaging which vehicles are IFVs, which are APCs and then trying to teach a community where 90% of them think that anything with a gun mounted on it is an "APC".

Proud =HOG= Guest Admin since 2012.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Tequila.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #815 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Re:Question regarding Mechanized Infantry
Yeah, good points teq

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #818 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic Re:Question regarding Mechanized Infantry
A proper outline for mechanized infantry has not been laid out due to its complexity and how it would most likely cause more trouble than it's worth.

Not only would allocating squads properly be a hassle, but just running a mech-inf squad is pretty challenging for the pubbies.

Beyond that, there hasn't been enough development within the PR community to safely guarantee its place. Just finding people who understand how to make it work is going to be tough.

Until we get a firm grasp on how to implement it, I suggest we keep it as we are at the moment.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by fenneclat.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds