Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Make Mortars a Claimable Asset

• Blaster1076
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #2297 by Blaster1076
Make Mortars a Claimable Asset was created by Blaster1076
I happened to learn today that this server does not have mortars as a claimable asset. Id like to request that to be changed, so that they are.

For example, i was on the server at 12am E.T, the map was Beruit. At the 1:30 mark, i made a squad, Squad 2 named MORTARS. These guys with a =]H[= tag joined my squad. After talking with my squad, giving them commands and saying we were using mortars, the H guys left and made a new squad, Squad 6 Foxtrot.

So i spawned in, got a chopper, and went out to a pre-determined spot for mortars. Little did I realize, squad 6 took a logi, went to their spot, built a fob and started getting mortars built. I asked on all squad talk if someone else had mortars, after the game told me we hit the max allowed for that asset. No one responded, so i checked the map. Sure enough, SQ 6 was using mortars.

After sending in a report(my squad doing the same, a few in a unprofessional manor, i must admit), i recived no answer from the online admin, Evox. He was infact, apart of squad 6.

After some time(and more unprofessional bickering with from my squad), Evox finally stated mortars are not claimable, which suprised me. And made me mad, since Squad 6 practically built mortars just to be d*cks, as they said to me at the end of the round. (They didnt even use them for more than 10 minutes i should add).

Long story short, I believe Mortars should be a claimable asset, as its only fair that the person who made a squad called Mortars, gets to use them.
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2298 by Evox
Replied by Evox on topic Make Mortars a Claimable Asset
Hello there!
as far as i know the mortars are not claimable asset
maybe im wrong...
if im not responding i was because im a player too and i was firefihgt or talking whit they guys in squad for you report.
dont remember exactly,
Also i send a "poket" in TS to a HEAD admin asking him for the Morters but he was afk.
That was the reason off my delay.

Guest Admin in HOG server ---- Playing Project Reality since BETA.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Evox.
  • Blaster1076
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #2305 by Blaster1076
Replied by Blaster1076 on topic Make Mortars a Claimable Asset
That is a perfectly fine, and I understand completley. Thank you for explaining the situation at least, and i do know you are a player as well. Ive been a game admin before on a site, and i know how it is.

I figured since i didnt see anything in the ruleset about the mortars, id come here and make a thread about it
More
8 years 3 months ago #2308 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic Make Mortars a Claimable Asset
That certainly wasn't very courteous of the H guys to steal your assets.

I've been in your shoes where I set up a squad for mortars just to find out someone has decided to build them at a location I didn't have in mind at all and then proceeding to use them without regards for my squad role.

At most, though, I would stipulate that people are free to build and use them as long as they aren't claimed by a squad. If a squad does show up to claim them, then they must be passed over to that squad.

Of course there will always be the ass who will create a mortar squad just to steal it from you, blah blah
  • Blaster1076
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #2314 by Blaster1076
Replied by Blaster1076 on topic Make Mortars a Claimable Asset

At most, though, I would stipulate that people are free to build and use them as long as they aren't claimed by a squad. If a squad does show up to claim them, then they must be passed over to that squad.

That would make the most sense, I agree. As long as there is something somewhere that states that as a case, it would be just fine. It could save a lot of pain with the admins, and the players who are trying to use mortars and have a proper squad named for it. Im just looking with everyone in favor, as to prevent such a situation like last night.

Thanks for the replies everyone. You guys are the reason I choose HOG servers over others when playing PR. The atmosphere is so much more friendlier than other places :)
More
8 years 3 months ago #2318 by =HOG= York
Replied by =HOG= York on topic Make Mortars a Claimable Asset
There is no more room for squads to have a claimable asset like mortars. You can name your squad a mortar squad and start building and using them, but it will still be considered an infantry squad. If someone trys to mess with your mortars, !r them and they will be dealt with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fenneclat
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds