Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Is is possible to look into the regular connection problem issue?

• Tom Tucker
  • Tom Tucker's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 4 months ago #32462 by Tom Tucker
Hi. From what other players have told me, I believe that not too long ago you guys changed to a new server. Apparently (from in-game chat) it looks as though a number of players are experiencing fairly regular connection problems now. It seems that not everyone is affected in any given round, and I'm not quite sure what it depends on, but if there is a chance that it can be fixed, that would be very welcome.

A few days ago I got it just as I was taking off on the carrier in a chopper. Fortunately I was just off the deck, so when it passed I was landed again. ...But then after the connection problem went away I took off again, and then it happened again when I was about 50 meters up, at an angle, so couldn't simply release W to land. Lost a chopper and a whole squad. :(

If it can be sorted, that will be super-cool.

Cheers & beers.
More
2 years 4 months ago #32498 by SLATuAn
try hotspot in ur phone if ur game were working good then u could complain ur ISP :D. "if u were in my country u would cried everyday about connection problem :(("
More
2 years 4 months ago #32543 by sprint113
It definitely feels server side. There will be times when multiple people would have the connection problem at the same time. During the connection problem, mumble will still be working and I can hear other 1 or 2 other players having the connection problem at the same time.
More
2 years 2 months ago #32971 by Grump/Gump.45
I noticed this back in October, November or December. I was saying "connection issues for a month" for 3 months and I can't remember when it started. It seems to be almost 50/50. PHARCHARA the player and I have it at the same time, every time it happens he confirm it with me.

I have 10 ping, I am ethernet connected directly to your server station walking over the anti-static mat at the entrance to the building just to play (JK).

I have not had connection issues since 2016 or 2017 when DEVs worked on networking/connection issues and when you changed to better server providers. The connection issues started happening again Fall of 2021 and its the worst it has ever been. A lot of times it happens I get into a gunfight or when enemy comes close, it happens when I fly trans.

Connection issue comes up, game freezes, game comes back and I am dead. It keeps me standing when I try to take cover during the issue since it rubber bands the commands around while frozen.

The only time I got the connection issue message before this problem started in 2021 was when every CTD or the server restarted.
More
2 years 1 day ago #34149 by sprint113
They supposedly updated the server today. Played one round afterwards without any issue. Here's hoping.
More
2 years 1 day ago #34150 by =HOG=ShrapGnoll
Yeah it got updated, post here if you still have issues.
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds