The forum is in read only mode.

Unrightfully Banned

• Resilient
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #31902 by Resilient
Unrightfully banned was created by Resilient
In-game name: ResilientCancer

Got banned on Beirut just a few minutes ago for mining the South entrance of RUS main and killing the BMP. Mining the South and Western entrances of RUS main IS legal. If mines were in DOD they would have been automatically deleted. If admins on Prism thought I had used my LAT kit, I only selected it as a back-up in the case an enemy would remove the mines in order for the BMP to exit from that entrance. I did the BMP a courtesy by not firing past the entrance to the North, which is also legal because it is not DOD. The BMP had sat there for around a minute firing South at a building, providing me with plenty of time to LAT him. Fortunately for me, the LAT was never fired, my mines killed the BMP.

I also believe the BMP gunner was banned too from allegedly firing from DOD, which he was not. The BMP died L10 key 7, subkey 7, where my mines were. Furthermore, this is a commonly mined area most rounds, and the area immediately North of that grid happens to be a frequent spot for where the Russian team would set up their mortars. 

I understand this is/was a misunderstanding with where DOD was according to the banning admin. And no need to cite any in-game admin history on myself.

Thank you

ID: 08974a2797b04fb3bc1004ae1946e53a
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Resilient .
More
2 years 5 months ago #31903 by =HOG= 2IC
Replied by =HOG= 2IC on topic Unrightfully banned

Attachments:
  • Resilient
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #31904 by Resilient
Replied by Resilient on topic Unrightfully Banned
My points still stand, and I would like to add that MANY players do this type of thing frequently, not only on Beirut but across several maps where entrances AWAY from DOD are mined or camped by some form of Anti-Tank (Ya'll can confirm with tracker). On top of that, reprimand is not given (except on myself and the BMP gunner today). If there have been any, it seems to be hardly ever.

Since this is merely a temporary ban, aside from appealing it, my intentions are to now acquire an understanding on the consensus for mining areas that are close to an enemy Main, but a good distance AWAY from the shaded region that indicates what is DOD on PR Map Gallery.

I am unsure on whether I should just make a post on the "Server Suggestion" forum. Nonetheless, there is a present inconsistency with what is considered a violation of the Section 4 rule of HoG across several players and HoG administrators. I respectfully request for official specification to be added to Section 4 from the Head Admins in order to avoid similar events from happening in the future.

Thank you
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Resilient .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Safety_Off
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #31905 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Unrightfully Banned
If anything causes an unfair advantage, in rules OR not, at the time and context, it will not be allowed and subject to admin action. There is not official spec and will never be an official spec. If you are mining the only likely entrance/exit, that is likely not fair.

You may think its fun, and think oh "I'll surely get them with this mine", put yourself in the drivers shoes, because we sure get a lot of reports when people die right outside of spawn.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Resilient
More
2 years 5 months ago #31906 by Duster42nd
Replied by Duster42nd on topic Unrightfully Banned
Perfect example of HOG admin abusing. The HOG admins mine main bases all the time and all of a sudden when Resiliant did it its against rules now. HOG admins picking and choosing who to apply rules to once again.

Watch out resiliant you might want to name change your name and ip now because they have chosen you to bully now.

Ban me from the forums like I give a fuck, I already screen shotted this thread and will report to the R-Devs with all the other bullshit your admins pull.
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #31907 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Unrightfully Banned
How would you know, you cant play here, lmao. Go ahead, these are public.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Deleted.
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds