Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Unrightfully Banned

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #31908 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Unrightfully Banned
@ Reslient, I'd uphold your 3 hour ban, there's nothing wrong with that action on you. If you have concerns that others do it without penalty, well you should either report them in-game or if you require further investigation, post a thread here. Head admins admin everyone including other admins. Do note: we say this repeatedly, there are many other factors considered. Map, player history, what flags are in play and what aren't, intention etc. There will generally never be a duplicate case or a standard applied for everyone.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Safety_Off, Resilient
More
2 years 5 months ago #31909 by TeeHazmat
Replied by TeeHazmat on topic Unrightfully Banned
Not related to Resi's ban, but just to clarify. You said 'If ANYTHING causes an unfair advantage, in rules or not' then why is rushing first flag allowed? Isn't that an unfair advantage, you lost the whole game because 1 squad from enemy team decided to be toxic and end the game in 10 minutes (Provided they are successful at holding the flag), wasting everyone's time.
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #31911 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Unrightfully Banned
There is nothing at all preventing a team from defending their first flag. This a team based game after all. If there's enough coordination to acheive a rush or defense, that should be rewarded in my opinion. Now if the map design gives one team an advantage in rushing, where the team nearly has no chance to defend the flag, then yes, we'd have to evaluate that.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Safety_Off
More
2 years 5 months ago #31913 by TeeHazmat
Replied by TeeHazmat on topic Unrightfully Banned

Now if the map design gives one team an advantage in rushing, where the team nearly has no chance to defend the flag, then yes, we'd have to evaluate that.

Thank you for the confirmation, I hope that this actually evaluated as I believe there are a few maps where the first flag is crucial in preventing a total team collapse. Muttrah can be a prime example for the MEC team as they will get no assets to defend with if anyone decides to rush South City at full strength (majority of the team). I'm sure there are other maps like this that we can identify if we look into it.
  • =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
More
2 years 5 months ago #31918 by =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
Replied by =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN on topic Unrightfully Banned
If I were Les I would make it a map specific rule on Beirut to not allow mining the RUS gate/ramp areas. Its fucking cheap when people do that and I am surprised Resi would stoop that low. Notice how duster chimed in the thread. He's known for rushing straight to enemy main with a combat engineer kit if he was too slow to make a cas sqd. Resilient. you're not duster. you're better than that. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Resilient
More
2 years 5 months ago #31922 by Jumper|SSS|
Replied by Jumper|SSS| on topic Unrightfully banned
I would like to add that in a Beirut match earlier probably this week, someone mined the same places that Resi did and other exits to the Russian main. A player did report it to the admins, however one of the admins (I can't remember his name), chose not to take any action and instead said something along the lines of "then disable them". 
Based on that admin's response, I myself assumed that mining the Russian main in those places was allowed and that Resi's mine placement was justified. 
I know there's no standard to the admining rules, but if one admin allows it, and another does not, how are we, the players, supposed to know?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLATuAn, Resilient
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds