• Sapper28
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #30766 by Sapper28
Suggested rule was created by Sapper28
Hi guys,

I would like to suggest a new rule:
Section 4 - Maps and Bases
Suggested Rule 4.3: Do not place any mines within 100m of an enemy main/DOD.

I believe this new rule is in the same 'no base camping' spirit of this section.  The 'Don't go near the enemy main' rule doesn't seem to have the desired effect when it comes to cheap mine kills on the small number of exits on some main base configurations.  This is especially applicable when BLUFOR can mine the INS main in a predominantly urban area.  I am thinking of Karbala, Gaza and Fallujah.  I think it is unreasonable to believe that a force needs to be vigilant for mines when leaving their main, or require a permanent security force around the main to stop this behaviour.

This behaviour has the ability to almost completely nullify all vehicles of one side of a battle, at very little risk / cost to the combat engineer's team.  This creates an artificial imbalance in the ensuing fight.  I like mines, just not directly outside a main base.

Although I am not an admin, I believe this would be practical to police.  I think the mine kill would show in the onscreen admin display.  The 100m distance is simply an arbitrary amount to keep mines a 'reasonable' distance from the enemy main.

I hope that you will take this into consideration.

Regards,
Sapper28
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLATuAn
More
2 years 9 months ago #30769 by Aquila^
Replied by Aquila^ on topic Suggested rule
+1
Marlin, Beirut, Muttrah, Falcon too. It's easy to seal off enemy base with mines on these maps and cut down any vehicle coming by.
More
2 years 9 months ago #30776 by SLATuAn
Replied by SLATuAn on topic Suggested rule
Mine auto removed in 10-20m away from the end of DOD so the easier way is... just call Dev for help that they can change 10m radius to 100m.
More
2 years 9 months ago #30800 by Risiko94
Replied by Risiko94 on topic Suggested rule
This will never happen. Often the admins themselves are the ones mining outside DoD, in blatant disregard for their own rules.
[color=#ff0000]Stay away from enemy main/DOD. [/color]
[color=#ff0000]Do not shoot into DOD. [/color]

More
2 years 9 months ago #30808 by squires990
Replied by squires990 on topic Suggested rule
unless it is customised for every map to ensure it eliminates specific choke points i think its no different than having the edge of dod as the arbitrary cut off point for mining - either way its arbitrary

at least now you know exactly where mines are possible (dod is marked clearly on prspy map gallery) and can try to avoid them from there onwards

i think mining the exit of main, especially on fallujah and gaza, is weak shit and i try to discourage it especially in my squad, but mining is a legit tactic and you should assume choke points are mined. people see burning vehicles and still decide to drive through like robots?

one time slatuan spent the first 20 minutes of the game mining all of A7 on kashan from top of the ridge to left edge of the map in a perfect line of mines, like 50 of them, and killed my tank and it was by far the angriest i have ever been but its not something i would want to discourage even though it was technically edge of dod. to me thats totally different to mining the L4 intersection of fallujah but a blanket rule or changing the map logic to prevent it would affect both actions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLATuAn
  • Sapper28
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #30838 by Sapper28
Replied by Sapper28 on topic Suggested rule
I completely agree that mining choke points is a legitimate tactic.

Mining the sometimes few or one exit to the enemy main is not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Risiko94
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds