The forum is in read only mode.

Suggested rule

• =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 9 months ago #30841 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Suggested rule
I agree mines should be further away from main. The problem lies in enforcement. It would be a shit show like planes near main, apcs shooting near main...very difficult to enforce and there would be constant arguments....and then the mines would just be placed on the edge of the100m and then people would want 150m....
  • Sapper28
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #30842 by Sapper28
Replied by Sapper28 on topic Suggested rule
Thank you all for your responses.

I just want to keep the exits from main clear. The distance can be variable based on the map. Or there can be no distance. Maybe the rule could be:

:"Mines are not to be placed on exits of the enemy main/DOD"

Specific yet vague - wording that leaves interpretation up to the admin on the spot and lets him (her?) act as they see fit.

I can appreciate that mediation by admins is difficult. FFS i don't want to be an admin.
More
2 years 9 months ago #30843 by Aquila^
Replied by Aquila^ on topic Suggested rule
I always advocated for implementation of mine-free main entrances. I don't mind mines outside DoD or on chokepoints, but on maps where there are literal 2/3 exits which are real narrow and there is no way to maneuver around it is the same as if you were camped by HAT/AA. Maybe even worse since mines can get bugged and go completely invisible and thats a GG. One way to try to clear the way is to use truck or some light vic and go suicidal, but that still costs some tickets.

I agree that it will probably be a bitch to enforce as an admin, but maybe there is a server/client side solution to this.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds