• Safety_Off
  • Safety_Off's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #5688 by Safety_Off
New Player Influx was created by Safety_Off
Sup Gang!

Maybe its just me and my on-going issue with schizophrenia.. but I'm hearing a lot of new voices lately..
Has there been a recently influx of mega new PR players? (I don't actually have schizophrenia..)

I'm kinda thinking there is, but then again, if there hasn't been - we have a problem..

If you were an Ultra New Newb and wanted to learn how to how say, fly a Huey.. or be a Squad Leader.. But was tired of playing against bots on Co-op, where does one go? All the Training Servers are always locked and I haven't seen an update for an open training server in a while..

Potential Problem:
With the general response being 'Read the Manual' and offering no assistance in learning the correct way to play the game, I feel a lot of new players are going to get kicked or banned and have no idea how to re-gain entry. Of course I'm really only referring to those players that maybe aren't as clued on or may not have access to the manual or whatever.. in any case I see a risk of player retention with no back up in place to turn those shitty, unwanted players, into valuable team members. Yes, it is the duty as 'better' players to teach whist playing, but is there something else we can do to better our chances of growing a more informed batch of new comers?

Thoughts, idea's & suggestions open to all!
More
7 years 11 months ago #5695 by BaconCody
Replied by BaconCody on topic New Player Influx
There is no better way than inviting a new players to your squad and teaching them.
But, if the new player cant even join a squad or even worse doesn't have a mic....

"You know I’m proud to have that German blood, there’s no question about it. Great stuff"
- Donald J Trump
More
7 years 11 months ago #5699 by CAS_ual_TY
Replied by CAS_ual_TY on topic New Player Influx
Exactly. The new players have to cooperate as well. When I am squad leading I always accept newbs as long as they have a mic and follow the orders. Most of them however do not listen to chat / mumble / warnings / anything. Then there is no way to help them. Recently there was a guy who couldnt even speak english, he joined the squad and started speaking italian. What to do?
  • =HOG= Richard.price
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #5710 by =HOG= Richard.price
Replied by =HOG= Richard.price on topic New Player Influx
I mean I would love to teach new players in my squad, as long as he follows orders...

Scenario: 7 of the squad dead, the new player is up but he doesn't know how to medic, a bomb car is coming towards our perimeter, RPGs also flying over our dead body. My medic calls out on local and the new player wanders around (searching for kit? Idk) and steps on an IED.

It gets tiring sometimes.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #5714 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic New Player Influx
New players is great but i understand the frustrations...kick them out of your squad if they are useless...watch for asshats and get rid of them...help anyone who wants to learn...
More
7 years 11 months ago #5716 by Bulls
Replied by Bulls on topic New Player Influx
Don't how to fly ? say no more buy my" How To Fly Trans" DVD for only 99.9 and in 6 weeks you will be dropping crates without a marker and even take people to a12 on mutrah city without being shot down, don't miss this amazing DVD, only 99.9.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Safety_Off, =HOG=Rayray2014_, FlyGav
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds