Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

trigger happy kicks/bans that screw up rounds

• KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #6464 by KubraKhan
We regulars know the rules and follow them and appreciate admins' hard work but would appreciate a little more leniency, especially for situations where no harm is intended.
One example: a pilot on my team tked some friendlies and was kicked before he landed. Bad move, we were lucky because the other pilot and I had downed enemy cas so we maintained air superiority but what if the kicked pilot had been the only one up? Our team would've had a tough time, especially if danesh or casualty was lurking on the other side.
Another: today(25/06) our apc squad leader's driver crashed and so he moved up just a bit to pick up another squad member to keep that apc in action. He was kicked for soloing and our team lost the only apc that could engage the enemy armor in that sector.
In both situations our team got screwed by admins being too gung ho about the rules. This is just a game so could admins avoid being so trigger happy with the kicks/bans?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by KubraKhan.
More
7 years 10 months ago #6466 by Jevski
File Attachment:

Which is the fastest and shortest route back to safety for the apc from the red dot? Back to the repair bay where its not allowed for mec to attack, or all the way down through 2 flags to the yellow dot where plenty of enemies could be hiding?'

Could it just not also be expressed this way?

In both situations our team got screwed by players being ignorant about the rules. This is just a game so could players avoid breaking the rules all the time, and just read them?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dyson
  • KubraKhan
More
7 years 10 months ago #6470 by KubraKhan
Replied by KubraKhan on topic trigger happy kicks/bans that screw up rounds
The only available squad member to crew was the guy further South. When he was kicked is when we our team really got f-cked, so the MEC team(enemy) really benefitted from that.
When said pilot was kicked after unintentional tks before he could at least land, who benefitted? The other team!
Believe me, I appreciate the good work you admins do but giving a warning instead of kicking straight away would be better sometimes, especially when there are key assets involved, because a crashed jet or stranded apc is a real present for the enemy team.
More
7 years 10 months ago #6471 by Jevski
I wasnt present for the Jet incident, so I cant say anything about that. But why is it the admin fault when the player gets punished for breaking the rules. I didnt tell him to drive through the city, it was his choice.

The whole, he was picking up his gunner is the lamest excuse ever. Ive seen it tons of times. APC drives halfway across the map to pick up gunner, and when told not to solo I get the usual "Im NOT soloing idiot admin, im picking up my gunner."

Lets go back to the basics.

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/solo

Definition of solo

: without a companion : alone <fly solo>

Otherwise, if we then use the excuse as above instead, and say, since the players intend will be to sometime in the future stop breaking the rules by picking up the gunner, he is at present NOT breaking the rules.

Lets apply that to another situation: I put on C4 on the my teams own tank and then I team switch. Since my intention was when placing C4 to team switch in the future, I wasnt breaking rules in the present time. Since When the C4 blows up im on the enemy team and thus destroying an enemy tank.

You see how stupid that sounds? Yet the situations are the same.
  • KubraKhan
More
7 years 10 months ago #6477 by KubraKhan
Replied by KubraKhan on topic trigger happy kicks/bans that screw up rounds
I don't see how c4 on tank and then teamswitching is relevant to either situation, but i will say that a warning is better than a kick for the 'offender' team's sake. As for the jet situation, you were one of the online admins ( soul rebel / dogActual kicked for tk) but I do not know if you were the one that kicked him before he landed. Anyways,it's a tricky decision but a lot of players feel that a warning is...er 'warranted' so the asset is not wasted.
More
7 years 10 months ago #6478 by Jevski
Its relevant as to when ppl solo, they go, im not soloing im picking up my gunner.

Rules are clear. Do not solo. Driving of to pick up a gunner is just as stupid as the c4 example. You cant use a future event to justify breaking the rules present time. Just because your action will cease to be against the rules at a later time, does not give you the right to break them.

So yes it is relevant. As to warning. The rules are your warning. Gimoe has been playing here long enough to know them.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds