2 years 8 months ago #30954 by Niki-Tret
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
2 years 8 months ago #30955 by =HOG=Justice
Replied by =HOG=Justice on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
Technically there is no rule that forbids shooting out of DoD, but where shooting out of DoD gives that team an unfair advantage over the other team, admins can use discretion to forbid it. In this case, there is no active objective in plain view from DoD so prohibiting firing from DoD won't typically be enforced here like it is on maps such as Gaza or Fallujah where the opposite would be at a great disadvantage. CAS left itself vulnerable by being clearly visible from enemy DOD.

=HOG= Server Admin
More
2 years 8 months ago #30958 by Safety_Off
Replied by Safety_Off on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
As a discussion point;
What's the message that pops up after !s command 'DOD'?
Does it say 'don't shoot into/ or out of DOD? or just 'don't shoot into.'? (I cant remember)

Can definitely see why Nikki would raise it. Conflicting rules from server to server can get a little confusing when in this case, Mr.Shilka 100% fired out of DOD where the last flag on MEC side was not in play.

PRTA Rules States;
5.1 Do not attack, fire into or out of the Dome of Death unless the last flag is in play. - If the mainbase is a carrier, that team's Dome Of Death is free for all.

HOG Rules state;
Section 4: MAPS/BASES
4.1 Do not attack enemy bases unless there is a capable flag on it. Bases that have no flag on them are considered out of limits.

4.2 Do not attack or chase and attack enemy aircraft that are over their own main base.
Stay away from enemy main/DOD.
Do not shoot into DOD.

Couldn't care less about reprisal temb bans, just an interesting conversation which some might see in conflict of your Justice-fication.

Cheers,
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
2 years 8 months ago #30959 by =HOG=Justice
Replied by =HOG=Justice on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
I think I explained it pretty well. Whether the AAV shot or not isn't the issue here. From the start I was under the assumption that it did. As I said, admins use discretion depending on maps whether shooting out of DoD is prohibited or a non-issue.

=HOG= Server Admin
More
2 years 8 months ago #30960 by Safety_Off
Replied by Safety_Off on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
...great chat
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=Justice
More
2 years 8 months ago #30963 by Aquila^
Replied by Aquila^ on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
While there is no clear rule about shooting from DoD, it is presumed that it is not allowed as it gives unfair advantage to the players shooting from DoD. DoD is there to provide safe exit/retreat from/to the main base and should not be used for engaging targets.

Also a big issue with shooting from DoD is players trying to bait DoD kills (shoots from DoD ---> gets killed ---> !r DoD kill).

There are certain maps like Gaza where if this rule existed, it would need to be bent, since OPFOR easily stacks up on DoD border so it should be allowed for IDF to shoot their way out of the main. (hence breaking the rule)

Right now, as Justice said, this is up to an admin and his discretion. I personally think that there are 2 ways you can deal with this:
1) Punish the players shooting from DoD (warn/kick/tempban)
2) Allow them to shoot, but from the first shot they make they are now clear to be engaged. DoD rules do not protect them anymore. Free real estate. (Exception being if they engage from main base, then option 1 is mandatory, since we can't really make main base a warzone)

Contrary to popular belief, i do not get a hard-on for banning people around, so i personally prefer option number 2.

But once again, it's up to an admin's discretion.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds