Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven

More
2 years 8 months ago #30987 by Safety_Off
Replied by Safety_Off on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
Work with me here mate.. Surely you can see the inconsistency.
What about shooting out of main????
You keep revolving to the same comment but you're only answering half the question.

What's the benefit of dis-allowing someone to fire into main if you've given authority to both sides to fire of main. Which isn't consistent from map to map or admin to admin.

The rule isn't clear Justice. Here's what is say's.

Section 4: MAPS/BASES
4.1 Do not attack enemy bases unless there is a capable flag on it. Bases that have no flag on them are considered out of limits.
4.2 Do not attack or chase and attack enemy aircraft that are over their own main base.
Stay away from enemy main/DOD.
Do not shoot into DOD.

These are the only 'set' rules HOG has for DOD. None of these point elude to the disallowing of firing 'Out of Main'.

We're accepting one but not the other for the same rule, which brings people to the forums because it changes from map to map and is surveillanced at an individual's discretion.

Maybe a non-guest admin could weigh in here as an extension of the conversation.
More
2 years 8 months ago #30989 by squires990
Replied by squires990 on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
dod rules summarised;

1) dont attack enemy base unless it has a cappable flag on it

2) dont chase aircraft into dod

3) **stay away from dod**

4) dont shoot into dod

clearly you can shoot out of dod, theres no rule against it, but we have discretion to prevent it if it is unfair in any specific situation as we have discretion to prevent anything that is creating unfair gameplay despite it not having a specific rule.

you should remember that the overall goal of our rules is to foster fair gameplay above all else mate. the problem is that fairness is subjective.

Sniping from usmc main in fallujah? unfair, you will get kicked. insurgents cant fight back and a lot of their legitimate activity can happen in range of a sniper in us main.

Shooting at CAS with base quad guns on muttrah (or any map imo)? very fair, sucked in cas, stay further away from their main (rule 3). CAS has no legitimate need to be in range of AA in enemy main.

Using the stationary base tow on jabal to engage marines on the hill near dam? possibly unfair, unless they're for example using it to remove someone camping the bridge with a hat from G6. Foice did this after I hatted his apc the other day and it was fair play imo. In other circumstances it might not be fair to shoot that tow at people on the hill. admin discretion has to be applied to each specific instance.

As you can see, its not consistent, thats why we dont have a black and white rule for it. PRTA rule is garbage and has no discretion - what happens on gaza lol

All of this can be prevented by strictly observing rule 3 above - stay away from enemy dod if you dont wanna be a free target. But like Aquila says, if in a specific situation it's unfair for you to shoot from dod, you'll be admined. hopefully gently at first.

In regards to this original issue, I'd say its fair. CAS didnt need to be on the edge of dod to engage olive grove or whatever its called, and is obviously abusing peoples reluctance to shoot out of dod so it can spot AA approaching and piss off before they fire, or spot any other assets leaving main with a goal of shooting them the second they cross the dod line. In this case cas fucked around and found out.

Niki Tret unfortunately doesn't understand the intention of the rules, which is why he is constantly in here being reported, or reporting someone for camping dod or shooting into/out of dod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=Haley11thACR, SLATuAn, Safety_Off
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #30990 by Safety_Off
The point of my discussion wasn't to assist in vilifying anyone. Next time I'll create my own thread. 

I saw 2 loosely understood rules and tried to meld them into one, easy to understand blanket rule approach but no, I totally agree that circumstances do count and discretion can be a useful tool when dealing with it so long as its not abused. (Heavy handedness from admin to admin versus player to player).

you should remember that the overall goal of our rules is to foster fair gameplay above all else mate. the problem is that fairness is subjective.

Finally someone on the same wavelength! That's exactly what I was attempting to resolve. 
Sometimes I think admining would be better off done by a bot, based on hard and fast set-in-stone rules. Zero bias or risk of personal feelings being threatened or risk of pride removed. The fact that fairness is subjective, is in itself is a perfectly human concept which proves how different one person is to the next is. Having the respect to acknowledge that before serving punishment on a free pfs is worth its weight in gold when communicating (imo), and vice versa for player conduct alike. 

My attempt was driven to remove that human flaw (which we all have). 
Absolutely zero issue with the current setup. 

Thank you for taking the time to explain/discuss.

Ima go eat some mushrooms and find enlightment now.
Peace
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Safety_Off.
More
2 years 8 months ago #30992 by R1ghty
Replied by R1ghty on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
Why are admins arguing about this? It has been clearly defined multiple times. If you think there is ambiguity, bring it up on the admin section.

Squires has it exactly right.

1) dont attack enemy base unless it has a cappable flag on it
2) dont chase aircraft into dod
3) **stay away from dod**
4) dont shoot into dod

clearly you can shoot out of dod, there's no rule against it, but we have discretion to prevent it if it is unfair in any specific situation as we have discretion to prevent anything that is creating unfair gameplay despite it not having a specific rule.

More
2 years 8 months ago #30993 by Safety_Off
Hang on there Righty.. no one is arguing here, especially not the admins who have tried to explain their version of it. Read the whole thread and discussion we've had/ tried to convey.

It's over now anyway.
We're all off to the pub ..join us
More
2 years 8 months ago #30994 by R1ghty
Replied by R1ghty on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
My mistake; got some people mixed up.

Clearly I'm already at the pub...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Safety_Off
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds