Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven

More
2 years 8 months ago #30966 by Safety_Off
Replied by Safety_Off on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
Thank you Aquila for your conversation points.

Ok, so right now there is no clear rule.
We have a rough idea but it depends on the map and the admin as to how its enforced.

I like your rule No.2 but what happens when CAS kamikazes into a
male-version-of-Karen in main after being shot down by a DOD camping AAV and seeks retribution on the forums for being a victim of a rule that doesn't actually exist.

Take Op Thunder for eg. One the more enforced maps regards DOD engagements however not so much for Burning Sands(?)

My discussion point is;
What would we lose by creating an 'Easy to Understand', 'Easy to Follow' & 'Easy to Enforce' rule on DOD engagements in order to save the confusion for players, confusion for admins and time taken for an admin to explain it everytime its raised.
(PRTA rule 5.1 for eg)
More
2 years 8 months ago #30967 by Aquila^
Replied by Aquila^ on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
Well right now, the situation is as i explained it. Most of the admins you see online are guest admins. We are here to enforce the rules and follow the guidelines given by the senior admins and server owners.

Right now, we can either punish people for abusing the DoD or take away DoD protection. That depends on situation and is in the admins' discretion.

For rules to change, that requires action from higher-ups. For now we have to look upon unwritten rules, as in some kind of PR customs. Most of the community knows that DoD is a safe zone and will not engage into/from it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Safety_Off
More
2 years 8 months ago #30968 by Safety_Off
Replied by Safety_Off on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
hmm interesting..

I'm not overly invested in the topic but as far as server rules and removing access to admin discretion and replacing it with an actual rule - this is a great conversation.

Thanks for the chat Aquila

If a senior admin finds himself reading this and wants to add on the potential usefulness of a set rule for DOD, I'd be interested to hear your opinion. .
  • Niki-Tret
  • Niki-Tret's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #30973 by Niki-Tret
Replied by Niki-Tret on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
So you wanna say they don't have any advantage so does that mean that I can rape their main with CAS, ok... Ofc they have advantage since they are allowed to shoot us and we are not allowed to shot them!
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
2 years 8 months ago #30978 by =HOG=Justice
Replied by =HOG=Justice on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
You do not shoot into DoD if you do not hold the last flag. That rule is clear on the website. If you do so, especially after you've already been told personally by an admin, then that will get you banned.

=HOG= Server Admin
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
2 years 8 months ago #30980 by =HOG=Justice
Replied by =HOG=Justice on topic Player report - svdvd & K.Eleven
Very nice Niki, you tk a guy intentionally because you're pissed and you leave the server right away. No worries, I'll see you in the server when you return.

=HOG= Server Admin
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds