• Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
8 years 6 days ago #5032 by =HOG=Justice
Rules are Rules was created by =HOG=Justice
Just want to bring it to the admins attention that:

"The squad must be named TANK." as stated in your rules is not equivalent to "As long as the word 'Tank' is in there somewhere". It CLEARLY and without a doubt states the way an asset squad should be named. You cannot argue with something that is in writing on your own website. IF that is not what is meant by that, then I believe the rules should rewritten in a way to reflect what is actually meant in-game. It is not right, and it is not fair to be kicked for trying to follow the rules as are stated on the site. I have, on several occasions, left a squad that is not properly named when I see that another properly named squad was created in its place. It is also true that I have stayed in improperly named assets squads ONLY when that asset is not being contested by another squad.

Food for thought.

=HOG= Server Admin
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 days ago #5033 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Rules are Rules
As written u r correct. What has happened over a long period of time is players have used their clan tags or other designations in the name of the tank squad...we let it go if it is clear that it is the tank squad...now if the have say the M1 squad we disband it....If its titled M1 Tank we let it go, or if its misspelled...we try to apply common sense to the game to avoid disrupting the game. It has worked fine for years without incident. I heard about the incident tonite with the squad named ABC Tank....it was clearly a tank squad...then the issue go pushed, disrupted the game and ended up with a kick or two...the rules are the rules but as you see we often warn despite the rules clearly stating that the rules themselves are the warning...some situations dictate discretion...we ban for any racism but we realize the situation may dictate a Temp Ban...again we apply common sense to every situation....some people cannot apply common sense or exercise discretion while admining so we try to avoid those types of admins...the ultimate goal is to populate the server and make a good overall gaming experience...
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #5037 by =HOG=Justice
Replied by =HOG=Justice on topic Rules are Rules
I understand that discretion is a must even in every real-life situation. However, I personally feel that in this situation, since there were two squads contesting an asset, the common sense approach would have been to revert back to the rules as written and enforce that. Had no two squads been trying to claim an asset, discretion would allow you to leave the squad alone claiming the asset, even if it was improperly named.

If I am not mistaken, I am 99% sure that I have heard of this problem in the past on this server between other players and it was stated by admin that as long as the first word was the correct name anything after that was fine. I believe it has been an issue in the past on one or two occasions which is half of the reason I brought this up so it can be cleared up once and for all. I don't believe I am alone in this since the other players in the squad earlier during this incident were also arguing that the other squad was improperly named meaning there is also confusion on the rules with other players on properly named squads.

=HOG= Server Admin
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by =HOG=Justice.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 days ago #5039 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Rules are Rules
the question comes down to this....who made the 1st tank squad and was it clear that it was a tank squad....In this particular situation I would say it was clear and the admin made the correct call
  • =HOG= Richard.price
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 6 days ago #5042 by =HOG= Richard.price
Replied by =HOG= Richard.price on topic Rules are Rules
I don't understand why you bring it up again, we have solved this problem ages ago.

I used to make my squads ‘RICH CAS MIC’ or ‘RICH TNK MIC’. Whoever makes the first asset squad and claims that asset CLEARLY gets the assets. On Burning Sand I saw MEC APC squad named ‘BMP’ and I let it be, on Saaremaa I saw Russian CAS squad as ‘Havoc’ and I let it be. You can't claim US tanks when you create the tank squad and the ‘M1 Abrams’ popped up a millisecond earlier.

Period
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
8 years 5 days ago #5056 by =HOG=Justice
Replied by =HOG=Justice on topic Rules are Rules
If it was cleared up a long time ago, I was not aware of it and I apologize. Like I said, I, along with other players, were going on what we see written on this website. As Haley noted, going by what is written, then yes I am correct. I believe we would not be having this conversation if a simple amendment to the written rules had been done. That is all.

=HOG= Server Admin
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds