Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Rules are Rules

More
8 years 5 days ago - 8 years 5 days ago #5058 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic Rules are Rules
Its the same with so many other rules.

We dont allow locked inf sqd at 6, rule say No locked inf sqds.

We allow that a tank sqd look at 2 with a map with only 1 tank and so forth for assets.

How come you havent commented on that?
Last edit: 8 years 5 days ago by =HOG=Haley11thACR.
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #5073 by =HOG=Justice
Replied by =HOG=Justice on topic Rules are Rules
Going on what was written before the edit, yes I have seen that at times locked infantry squads have been allowed with less than 8 people, but it is rare, and possibly gone unnoticed. MOST of the time, however, I have seen almost all admins enforce the locked inf squad rule, I just saw it enforced last night. This is where discretion comes into play, if it is not causing a problem, it may be left alone unless someone brings it to the admin's attention because they are trying to get into a squad. Just as well with the locked tank squad with 2 players when there it one tank. THAT is discretion. I have never commented on any of that up because I understand it and it makes sense. I ran a clan for a few years. I have seen everything you have seen, except I encountered hundreds of hackers since BF2 was notorious for that even with PBBANS and GGC streaming in servers.

The only reason, again, why this became an issue was because two different squads were contesting an asset and that is when I reverted to the written rule on this site. To me it seemed unfair to be kicked for questioning that and bringing up the website rules. Instead of being kicked, I should have gotten a clarification on why the other player was allowed to keep the squad and not us. Instead I was kicked basically in an "I'm an admin and what I say goes" type of way. You cannot expect players to understand something and not break the same rule if it is not explained. I have seen this same situation in other posts on the forum where a player is somehow telepathically expected to know what he is doing wrong. If you tell someone to "Read the Rules", they will come to your rules and find themselves in the same situation as we are now unless you fix your rules. I know how frustrating it is to be an admin, but it's part of the job. I spend so many hours on your server, probably more than any admin at times. What good is an admin that spends hours on end in the server if they cause rule-abiding players not to come back, all for a misunderstanding? If it wasn't for pubbers, no servers would be running. It is important to treat pubbers fairly and accordingly. Which also brings up an important point....whenever you kick a player or ban them, the message after they are kicked is a default message every time. It says they were banned or kicked for tking. That is why a lot of ban appeals say that they were kicked or banned for tking when they were probably doing something else. You can kick a person one million times and explain to him in the kick what he was doing wrong, but he will never know because the message does not show up for him.

Anyway, I was told to bring this to the forums. And so I did.

=HOG= Server Admin
Last edit: 8 years 3 days ago by =HOG=Justice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG= xambone
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds