Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Player documentary request for participation

• Carl Weathers
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #28621 by Carl Weathers
Replied by Carl Weathers on topic Player documentary request for participation
Since I have nothing to do anymore but drink and smoke weed, I'd like to revive this project if anyone is interested. The attached video explains in-depth (a little too in-depth) what I'm looking for but in a nutshell I'm just trying to get peoples' personalities to come through. It wouldn't take more than ~30 minutes for participants to do their self-interview, which I would then edit into a nice shiny package for the community to enjoy.

I need a minimum 3 people participating in order to have something that plays nicely on video. To reiterate, I'm not a creeper, this isn't something to embarrass people, and your privacy will be protected.

"For help on what to talk about, consider the things you'd like to know about other players and apply those same questions to yourself. It can be about PR or it could be about something else entirely. Sample questions could be:
- Where did you first hear about PR?
- How long have you played video games?
- What do you do for a living?
- What's your favorite role to play in-game?
- What other games do you play?
- Did you go to college?
- What's your favorite sport?
- How would you feel if PR disappeared forever?

You don't have to talk about PR though, you can talk about anything you want. Speak your mind and be yourself. This video is not about Project Reality, it's about you. Who are you?"

It's really very easy to talk once you get the initial jitters out of the way. All the editing and making it flow smoothly is my job so don't sweat it if you mess up and have to start over, lose concentration, etc. I'll also have an intro for it and the final package will look real cool.

If you want to be part of it let me know either here or on Discord so we can chat real time (I'm RonBlackRoom#0910).

Watch "Get Stoned with Ron" on Youtube.
More
3 years 4 months ago #28623 by Duster421
Replied by Duster421 on topic Player documentary request for participation
I would like to participate in this project.

Ive been playing Project Reality since January 2008

Played battlefield 2 since 2006 still play occasionaly

and Battlefield 1942 since 2002 also still play.

Before that I was plaing WW2 Iwo Jijma / WW2 games made by third party developers from 2000 to 2002. My introduction into PC gaming was through Counterstrike back in 1999 but even before that my household always had nintendo or playstation 1 consoles that were my older brothers. Been gaming since I was about 6 or 7 Starting in about 1995.
  • Carl Weathers
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #28636 by Carl Weathers
Excellent, are you on Discord at all? It'll be easy to talk back and forth there but if not we can go through PMs here. Or we can talk in the open too no problem.

I have another person interested so this looks like it'll be happening.

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Carl Weathers.
More
3 years 4 months ago #28637 by Duster421
Replied by Duster421 on topic Player documentary request for participation
Yes, i will find you on discord and we can begin from there and possibly turn this into a bigger project that covers more topics of the game and also the current state of the game.

I would also like to discuss the history of the servers from TG to =H= , GiB / others and dig deeper into how those servers ran as well as my current ban situation on the HOG server and how we can resolve issues in the future and handle situations like adults and shake hands and move on even if harsh words were said, because were all brothers in arms here and we all play the same fucken game we shouldnt have any beef or issues between each other for the simple fact that we all love and play the same game.....

Also talk about how we can move this game into the future and bring in more new players weather from 3rd world countries or here in the USA , This game still has potential, I bought cyberpunk and hands down PR is better. In 2020 it is a testament in the history of gaming to have a game like PR that can hold up to mega over-produced over-hyped games like cyberpunk.

PR till death
GG
  • Carl Weathers
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #28644 by Carl Weathers
Hey Duster yeah I'm on Discord as RonBlackRoom#0910 feel free to PM me. As far as the scope, please understand that I'm trying to make this something that appeals to a broader audience (not just PR people) so server clan history and deeper threads like that would likely be edited down since people outside the PR community wouldn't understand it and would thus tune out. You're certainly allowed to speak your mind but I don't want you to be disappointed if I have to edit it out for proper flow. Talking about rivalry, tensions, argument, bans, is probably fine but more on a surface-level that outsiders could understand. Still no guarantee that it would make a final cut but it's more likely.

I definitely 100% want you to be involved btw cause I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing you (including myself). I just wanna tell you ahead of time that my job is to make a final show where everything fits together and people enjoy, and that requires editing.

Hit me up on Discord so we can make this happen.

• Carl Weathers
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #28653 by Carl Weathers
Still looking for more people, I have a private video plus a full text guideline to share with anyone who's interested in being part of this. Current participants are already recording their parts so if you want to be one of the first just hit me up via PM or Discord and I'll fill you in on how to do it.

There's only one chance to be in the first wave, jump in and make your mark.

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Carl Weathers.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds