The forum is in read only mode.

Player report: aw1234567 + su30_MDZZ + Resilient Cancer + =Merk= Aquila:

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #32112 by A
Burning Sands tracker_2021_11_07_20_24_38_burning_sands_gpm_cq_64.PRdemo

Broke following rule:
Stay away from enemy main/DOD. 
Do not shoot into DOD. 

su30_MDZZ: camped main with HAT for the duration of the entire game.

aw1234567: locked CAS in DOD, killed CAS just outside of main because controlling CAS is hard when someone keeps locking you

Resilient Cancer + Acquila: just drove the tank straight to DOD and shot at TANK in DOD

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by A.
More
2 years 5 months ago #32113 by Aquila^
Considering the tank situation:
We had intel that enemy tank was around A5/B5 so i decided to advance and try take it out and perhaps win the game considering how close the ticket count was between the teams.
We pushed on and encountered an enemy tank which was in DoD. As you can clearly see on tracker(check time) we spotted it and didn't even engage for about good 10+ seconds. We even wanted to pull back, but the enemy tank then took a shot on us which makes it a fair game then. ONLY when the tank shot upon us from DoD we returned fire. Immediately we continued to move away from DoD.

So, we spent approx 1 minute around that area in a 1.5hour game.
Everything i wrote can be checked on tracker.

Tracker: streamable.com/9ip8uc
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
2 years 5 months ago #32114 by =HOG=Justice
It does not make it fair game. You should know that you cannot under any circumstance fire into enemy DOD, especially while you're hanging out just outside of DoD. Rules are clear in RED on the rules page: ""Stay away from enemy main/DOD. Do not shoot into DOD." You cannot camp a DoD and wait until someone from within shoots at you so you can shoot back. That MEC tank was just outside of their main, far into DoD. It is not against the rules for the most part to fire out of DoD except during certain circumstances and on certain maps like Gaza. MEC tank had all the right to fire out of DoD at anything camping that area. Your tank should not have been there waiting for it to roll out to begin with, especially seeing how Brits didn't have VCP captured.

=HOG= Server Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump/Gump.45
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #32115 by Aquila^
1st - We weren't camping, we were on the move and spent about 30 seconds-1minute there.
2nd - Yes, it is fair game. If you fire first, i am gonna return fire. I even consulted the admin that was in my squad which confirmed this.
3rd - We weren't waiting for anything, check the tracker.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Aquila^.
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
2 years 5 months ago #32116 by =HOG=Justice
You guys were at the rocks overlooking enemy main and fired at a tank far into DOD. That is textbook camping DOD. There is absolutely no excuse for that. MEC tank had all the right to fire at you. If another admin told you it was ok, then head admin will have to have the final say on this.

=HOG= Server Admin
More
2 years 5 months ago #32117 by A
1) You were pushing a tank on A5/B5 when attack flag was SE city. That's camping main.
2) "Stay away from enemy main/DOD. Do not shoot into DOD. " does not contain the words "but it's ok if a person shoots back".
3) In your own words, you were pushing a tank in A5. A tank which was coming out of main. Our tank squad had not been able to exit the upper left for that entire round. This is exactly what main camping is.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds