Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Player report: aw1234567 + su30_MDZZ + Resilient Cancer + =Merk= Aquila:

More
2 years 5 months ago #32118 by Aquila^
1) Exactly, we had intel that tank was around A5/B5 so i presumed its gonna go South, as i stated, so i made a decision to hunt it. I am not bound by flags, i can move freely on the map and B5 is not DoD (It's 700-800m away).
2) It's a common sense, and also some kind of "common law" of PR too. That is considered fair game since always on all servers. Even an online admin confirmed so.
3) I pushed the tank, tank that i believed that was in A5/B5 going S, i had no clue that it was coming out of main. Even when i spotted it i refrained from shooting it for good 10+ seconds, i would even pull back if it didn't shoot.

I already told you, check the tracker, we were nowhere remotely near the main/DoD for whole map. My tank spent about a minute there in a game that lasted 1.5 hours.

Look at the tracker. I came from the completely opposite side of the map and then went in the city. How the fuck is this camping?

Tracker: streamable.com/xb6s2w
More
2 years 5 months ago #32119 by Deleted
Let me ask all of you this. If the roles were reversed, and you were MEC tank that got killed, what would you be feeling?

Please don’t give me a justification or reasoning for now. Just give me a feeling (I.e. happy, disappointed, angry, frustrated?).
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLATuAn
More
2 years 5 months ago #32120 by Aquila^
Frustrated, but accept it as a part of the game whether i like it or not.
It happened to me frequently yet i never reported it or made a fuss about it. It's a part of the game and i should play better to avoid being destroyed like that.

e.g. just round or two before on Vadso, this happened to my tank just as we went out of main. (i didn't make a fuss about it). They literally made a superfob overwatching our main.

Vadso tracker:
i.imgur.com/Mf2zs0L.png
i.imgur.com/GwaFHbT.png
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #32123 by Deleted
I've reviewed the tracker, both parties in this case axytho, and the people listed all tested the rules in various cases (outside of what was presented here). I consider this case closed. I believe everyone finds it frustrating to be on the receiving end.

No matter, there will be automatic rules set in place from this point on, that will address ANYONE and EVERYONE who kills in enemy DOD, with zero flexibility.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: A
More
2 years 5 months ago #32125 by A
Those guys in the tracker are camping main much harder than you did. So I take your point.

But it shouldn't be part of the game. Or at the very least, if it is part of the game, there should not be rules against it. Because maincamping is a much less risky strategy than fighting anywhere else on the map. So if it is allowed, not doing it would arguably be wasting the HAT/AA kit.
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #32755 by Grump/Gump.45
TL:DR... Tank + APC +anti-air vehicles + CAS + logistic repairs = winning + superFOB TOW/AA/HMG all playing the objectives. "Be the booby trap" goes for assets and infantry, being in view of each other on the flags that matter. That is how we avoid camping DOD, give players you see doing that a better alternative to be apart of. Instead of camping the DOD just be a booby trap patiently wait for enemy to come in view.

Do this on objectives, suppression and all. Imagine the enemy has equal sized/equally used force. This is easiest to wrap around desert, but maps like Hades peek complicate this due to hills, it changes how its done and how it looks. We have done this on many maps.

This is why I feel we should play combined arms, as people say "The way Grump plays". Which forget about me cause it could have been anybody. Its really the unrealized un-discovered way the DEVs intended as a combined arms game but simply haven't put the logic of their game creation into instruction. Its clear when you read the asset list and understand how each asset compliments each other how they intended for it to be played. With different random unplanned and un-named formations. Different locations and all due to different layouts, players and tactics to be tried. Only thing that remains constant is how vehicles support each other. Need a map dependent on logi bridges to cross narrow canyons or something.

Camping DOD even when winning is not good for enemy, even when losing they can still grow their teamwork tactics. Honestly I feel anybody who takes 1 tank out at a time cause of greedy locked 2 man tank squad deserves to die and not have fun. That does not mean "camp DOD" but it does mean "the winning team is to be a booby trap in the map, in view of each other to the point they cant be messed with and the enemy doesn't want to". If that is what is on the battlefield from the enemy the only way to beat that is roll out the same way.

This whole "be the booby trap" thing goes for assets and infantry, being in view of each other. It also goes for individual infantry in bad situations, like playing dead, using camouflage, being outnumbered.

Just winning assets should play in view of the flags, 300 meter size flags they can actually get in edge of. This way if we are using Tank + APC +anti-air vehicles + CAS + logistic repairs = winning + superFOB TOW/AA/HMG all playing the objectives the enemy might have the chance to smarten up and realize "if the enemy does that then we need to".

A game of simple math, who has more guys, who has more eyes interlocked catching anything in the intelligence net that eyes form. Flags are bait for the enemy just as much as tank is bait for CAS so anti-air can deal with it.

If Project Reality was a board game how would you use the assets to support each other? Sometimes its 4 tanks, 4 APC, 2 Anti air vehicles, jeeps and CAS. Up to 15 vehicle assets on some maps, to be used to wrap around enemy objectives following this standard example on a linear objective obstacle of manned trenches, anti-tank belt of trenches, mines and wire. 

If we had a map with the mines, anti-tank ditch and positions for enemy to spawn at already there, we could copy this exactly. I always consider the MEC Vehicle Check Point outside their main on Burning Sands to be this objective. Basically all the suppression is how we attacked a few times as British coming out of Olive Grove. Like we have done this over the years, especially in 2020 when I dedicated 100% to it in March.

A full month of teaching which none of carried over, its like wasting my time with people less than 100 IQ. Common sense things like logistic repairs follow in view of tank to save it if it catches fire or anti-air covers the armor.

Players will hear "tanks got taken out by CAS" and won't even make the mental connection or take initiative to prevent that. Its always somebody lone wolfing the anti air vehicles "hunting for CAS" when they could both set up safe zones for friendly CAS and armor to not get hit so easily. This is a combined arms game, that is what combined arms is..

The assets should be playing the flags, in view of each other being each others safety and the booby trap for the enemy. Logistic truck repairs + 4 tanks covered by 2 anti-air vehicles for the air space with APCs for support baiting CAS with the armor. Same for saving friendly CAS in a fight, establish anti-air support zones to stay in view of or run to. APC in view of tanks will not be decided to be taken out by enemy first unless they fire without thinking about priority which is good for tank as long as thjey respond to that threat. I can drive a WW2 half track all day in view of armor cause HAT/LAT need to prioritize tank, its only once tanks are gone "Im next".

There is so much incentive to this for game play style from tactics, safety, survival leading to a better experience. But it can be ruined by people taking kits and assets to camp main or other approaches the enemy might not even use. Like if a squad leader has his full squad do this, building a FOB with a TOW away from any objective that is leaving us short handed a full squad for objective. Its one thing when a single kit or asset does it, leaving us without security or outnumbered, worse when a full squad does it. They don't need to go off looking for anything, let it develop and come in view :Like mortar squad will have 8 guys sitting there at times or more if they become the only FOB left.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Grump/Gump.45. Reason: Removed double link
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds