Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

I'm more interested to know why i was banned than appeal the ban

• IsNull
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #26491 by IsNull
my hash & user name: 563b89a14deb843c93a6e5f897753530 - X0R

i was banned about an hour before this post on ramiel, the moment i was banned was near the end & i was no where near anyone & was just waiting out a ticket bleed where ever i was, not engaged with anyone. i imagine my kill count, was a catalyst & the logs should show as much that 19 of my 24 kills were on HMG on an elevated position near begining of match while remainder were mostly inside a checkpoint building with lockers, with an MG where i could see under the lockers & all my kills were of enemy within the building i was in,battlerecorder should show as much.

I'd like to note i have a 49" monitor which gives me a fairly magnified view of my FOV w/ enhanced darkness for sharper contrast & Loudness Equalization is enabled on my sound driver settings which makes quiet noises such as sneaking enemies & low talkers on mumble quiet audible while not being deafened while in tanks & such along side noise cancelling headphones for fairly accurate spatial awareness using environmental sound,though the lack of a built in mic means i have to settle for an external mic built into my webcam. I run with max View Distance & NOLODS enabled as well as max shadows, lighting to see shadows at a fair distance in addition to a few Nvidia control panel overrides such as anti aliasing which makes objects at distance stand out.

my hash & user name: 563b89a14deb843c93a6e5f897753530 - X0R

Now, i'd like to know who banned me & why, and given i was kicked just before end of game, i'd appreciate a link of the battlerecorder with which i was no doubt accused with,which is questionable given as far as i know battlerecorder recordings are inaccessible while game is in session. Sorry for a lengthy post, i wanted to cover my ass for any illegitimate vector of accusation such as unreasonable spatial awareness,which my settings & hardware grants me. And apologies as well as i attempted to inquire on mumble my ban because i found it misplaced & aggravating at the time.

A suggestion for suspected 'hacks' which logically is the only thing i could have been accused off, instruct the player in question via mumble to look at a specific direction & take a screen capture with message in frame, instead of relying on your admins discretion to inconvenience players otherwise, your servers reputation says plenty to how reputable your admins discretion & judgement is in PR,dare i say, i rarely play on HOG as it is & i have a solid retinue on VG & SSG, i'd appreciate you check out my game-tracker, no idiot using a hack will do so on an account such as mine.

Happy new year & good day.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by IsNull. Reason: correct map
More
4 years 2 months ago #26492 by =HOG=ShrapGnoll
note to admins: this player was banned from mumble for using the local server glitch to come back and inquire about his ban. He remained on the mumble server in a different squad after being told to appeal on the forums, so I banned him from mumble.
  • IsNull
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #26493 by IsNull
You do realize i acknowledged & apologized for that very fact in my post, and no i did not join another squad, i left your squad hence auto joining the 'No Squad' channel, what i was doing was scrolling through mumble to check who was in my squad from hog, '=HOG= Pat*9071*' was in my squad,i was trying to find his name which i did, while having joined no squad, so please stop inferring malicious intent while there was clearly none, you said i should post on the form & i left your channel,joining no other, such hostility is unnecessary & petty, the way i remained on mumble was logically coherent with my intent, i couldn't possibly have stayed to 'spam' mumble while having joined no squad to 'spam', & there lies my agitation, flawed judgement of admins, have a good day dude.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 2 months ago #26494 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
How many other names, hashes and IP's do u play under?
  • IsNull
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #26496 by IsNull

How many other names, hashes and IP's do u play under?

quite a few over the years,given i've been playing since 2012, including the user name 'IsNull', but only 'X0R' the past year & my hash couldn't have changed. My IP however changes often,as i use a VPS for work at all times given i work from home & need to stay in touch with clients for extended periods so my IP location changes quiet often, pretty much why i have shitty ping all the time,given i rarely directly connect to servers, but work so...

edit: the map was ramiel not sahel, i always confuse the two, my bad.

this should be the br: br.hogclangaming.com/pr1/tracker_2020_01...iel_gpm_cq_64.PRdemo
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by IsNull. Reason: correct map
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
4 years 2 months ago #26497 by =HOG=Justice
I banned you. The only reason I haven't yet provided anything is because it was late at night and I wouldn't have been able to get demo anytime soon and I am just now getting home from work. I think you're the ONLY person I have ever banned on PR for suspected hacks after being admin for a few years because of how obvious it was and I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I was the person you killed on Ramiel towards the end of the game. From my point of view, there was no way you could have possibly heard me coming around a building since you were at a fair distance and as I came around the corner you were already aiming at me in a crouched position. The only logical thing I can imagine is if you saw me at a distance and anticipated me going around a certain building and waited. I WILL review everything. And if I am mistaken I have no problem apologizing if I'm wrong. However, if you did something else to circumvent a ban and got yourself into other problems then that is a separate issue. After I review everything then I will suggest an unban on the wallhack issue, but it will be up to the other admin to see what will happen with the mumble incident.

=HOG= Server Admin
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds