The forum is in read only mode.

Rule change debate: Firing AA from main

• KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #7207 by KubraKhan
Rule change debate: Firing AA from main was created by KubraKhan
Hi all,
I was wondering if any of you admins would consider changing the rules regarding firing AA from main bases.
Case and point, yesterday in Soul Rebel I shot down a Mig with the carrier AA and was warned not to. The problem is on that map the brits get 3 harriers, which are much slower and have a much larger turn radius than the Russian migs. In short they usually lose dogfights, unless the russian cas squad are amateurs. The Russians also have a hind and brdms.
Isn't it fair that the British get to fire with that carrier AA to slightly make up for the disadvantage? If the migs can approach from the south (directly in Carrier AA line of fire) they can strafe the sh*t out of May Pen, Kingston and Lacovia. It's not easy to shoot them down but a SAM lock with some incendiary luv would make their gun runs more challenging.

2 other examples are Muttrah and Jabal. In Muttrah, MEC should be able to engage CAS with main AA guns simply because they have no CAS. I believe that's why the devs put them there. The Cobra and Osprey have way too much freedom of movement in the southern sector of that map.
Same story with Jabal - if US helis are in range they should be fair game for MEC AA. It will be fun to shoot them down and the US pilots will have an additional challenge.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 8 months ago #7208 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Rule change debate: Firing AA from main
Who said you cant use AA guns from main bases?
  • KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #7209 by KubraKhan
Replied by KubraKhan on topic Rule change debate: Firing AA from main
I've always been told AA at mec main in Muttrah/Jabal can't fire at cas. Yesterday I was told not to fire from carrier. But is it actually allowed? :D
If so, I'll open a beer and celebrate right now!
More
7 years 8 months ago #7210 by =HOG= Toxic
Replied by =HOG= Toxic on topic Rule change debate: Firing AA from main
yeah, if you are helping a friendly jet being followed by an enemy jet of course you can do that.

If you are just dicking around firing everything at main at nothing, that is a different story
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 8 months ago #7211 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Rule change debate: Firing AA from main

I've always been told AA at mec main in Muttrah/Jabal can't fire at cas. Yesterday I was told not to fire from carrier. But is it actually allowed? :D
If so, I'll open a beer and celebrate right now!

by who?

You can man and fire at the enemy with aa from any base, we have no rules about that.
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #7212 by CAS_ual_TY
Replied by CAS_ual_TY on topic Rule change debate: Firing AA from main
Some things to say here:

- Russian AA can be used to attack the island bvr. Every missile is like a mortar strike.
- Harriers are in a 3v2 Situation so you can win that. Yes your jets are slow, use it as an advantage!
- Most servers dont allow firing aa out of main. I had a huge shitstorm on my yt channel because of such an action
- firing aa out of main will always be questioned by some players because its handled different on every server. I think making this clear would be a great benefit. On our server, we have an extra rulesection only for aircombat and aa.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by CAS_ual_TY.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds