Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Rule change debate: Firing AA from main

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #7213 by CAS_ual_TY
Replied by CAS_ual_TY on topic Rule change debate: Firing AA from main
Some things to say here:

- Russian AA can be used to attack the island bvr. Every missile is like a mortar strike.
- Harriers are in a 3v2 Situation so you can win that. Yes your jets are slow, use it as an advantage!
- Most servers dont allow firing aa out of main. I had a huge shitstorm on my yt channel because of such an action
- firing aa out of main will always be questioned by some players because its handled different on every server. I think making this clear would be a great benefit. On our server, we have an extra rulesection only for aircombat and aa.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by CAS_ual_TY.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 8 months ago #7216 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Re:Rule change debate: Firing AA from main
It is clear though, its not in the rules saying you cant. Dont want to get shot by it, stay away from their main.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #7218 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic Re:Rule change debate: Firing AA from main
I think the rules are pretty clear Super.

No asshatting, shooting, grenades or smoke in main bases.

!s fire does say do not shoot or smoke in main.

As soon as we open the door to using aa in main we will get baseraped all the time, and hear the no no im not baseraping im defending myself...

And as soon some one is shooting out, someone will shot back. I might not even be towards who started shooting out of base and hence the shit starts. Bombs missing the target hitting CAS instead of the AA etc.

You can man and fire at the enemy with aa from any base, we have no rules about that.

Then why did we recently have a discussion about it on Jabal? There we agreed that the AA inside main was a nogo, but the one south of Mec main was ok to fire since they where considered out of main

yeah, if you are helping a friendly jet being followed by an enemy jet of course you can do that.

But its not allowed for enemy cas to engage over main.

Do not attack or chase and attack enemy aircraft that are over their own main base.

If we allow this it will open a shitstorm of trouble. What about Tow? What about MG? What about soldiers shooting out of main like maps as Qwai where temple has been capped and they shooting from main towards temple, and then at temple they shot back, and presto, baserape galore. Isnt it why we try to keep our rules simple? If we change this now, its a specific weapon thats allowed to fire, in a certain situation only.

We can barely get people to follow the rules we have now, make then more complicated is always a bad idea. Isnt that what Cody and I was told when we tried to update the rules, so that they look more like how we admin instead of having alot of unwritten rules that fall under "common sense"

I have always told players not to shot in main, and so has many other admins.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Jevski.
  • KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #7219 by KubraKhan
Replied by KubraKhan on topic Rule change debate: Firing AA from main
Harriers are not 3 v 2 - Soul is 2 fishbeds and 1 mig 29 for the ruskies. And turning slow is no good against a decent pilot that will just do split s and come back to put some 20mm in that fat harrier. Jevski I don't mean firing anything but AA out of main and only cas maps. Could we get some confirmation here?
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by KubraKhan.
More
7 years 8 months ago #7220 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic Rule change debate: Firing AA from main
I know you meant only the AA, but right now we cant even get players to lock asset sqds at the correct number and now you are talking about allowing one specific weapon to be allow to fire out of main, in a certain situation ie, enemy jet above and perhaps even only on certain maps where the cas assets are not balanced.

As I read it right now, rules say no shooting in main period. It does not state which kind of shooting, being it aa, tow, mg, general asshat shooting etc. It says dont shoot in main.

And how are the admins to see the difference unless they are standing right next to the aa, if he is asshatting just shooting at nothing or if he is shooting at a passing aircraft. What if its infantry or a passing apc he is shooting at then what?

Take maps like Silent eagle, where main is capable. Right now its not allowed to shot at it unless it has an attack flag on it. what if an enemy is trying to get into position just before the flag is attackable or just passing may the aa shot at the enemy, be it inf or an apc and if so, may they then return fire or does that make it baserape? And if the passing sqd may return fire, then may they fire at anything at main, or only the AA shooting them.

If I stood besides an aa that had been shooting, to see if he was shooting at an aircraft, or just asshatting and I then would get shot in main by enemy that was trying to kill the aa, would it then be baserape?

You see the can of worms here..... ;)
More
7 years 8 months ago #7221 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic Rule change debate: Firing AA from main
I warned Kubra not to fire.

I have to side with Jesvki that things are confusing on the when and where things can be used from within main.

Yes, allowing players to fire things out of main can escalate to people firing, smoke etc. Can the enemy fire back if they've been engaged from a main base?

Firing out of main has been considered taboo for me, but as Super pointed out, there is nothing that prohibits it.

There are other things that aren't listed as well, the 15x15 rule which some admins extend to limiting flag caps up to a point, no cache destruction, no fob destruction.
None of these are clear set, but I also believe that head admins have placed trust in the good judgement of admins to be fair and lenient where necessary.

This kind of thing will crop up occasionally until there is something written in stone on it, so to speak.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds