The forum is in read only mode.

Admin behaviour

• Taavi
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #4042 by Taavi
Admin behaviour was created by Taavi
I was playing a few days ago in your server and had a bad experience with one of your admins. I got a warning out of the blue that said, that the admin knows that it is hard for me, but i should read the rules. At that point I had been running around and fighting enemies with my squad in the forest of Saaremaa for about 30 minutes and I am certain that I didn't break any rules.

So I asked the admin the purpose of the warning but he just kept saying "read the rules" and eventually kicked me for allchat. I got absolutely no explanation for the warning. Do all your admins act disrespectfully when issuing a warning? And have I misunderstood something? Why did I get a warning?
More
8 years 1 month ago #4043 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic Admin behaviour
Because we are tired of players NOT KNOWING THE RULES.

If I remember correctly you reported someone for not having a mic. Each time someone reports, we as admins have to check the correctness of this report, that means we have to stop playing, maybe even switch teams.

And only to find out that because you havent read the rules, you are wasting our time. You reported someone for not having a mic. No where in our rules does it specify that unless you are using an asset or being SL, that you are required to have a mic. But if you had read our rules you would know this.

How many times a day dont you think we get this...!r roadkill !r no mic !r locking tanksqd at 4 etc. All because someone is to lazy to read the rules.

So in conclusion....

READ THE RULES
  • Taavi
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #4045 by Taavi
Replied by Taavi on topic Admin behaviour
Is it that hard to explain this in the warning or when players ask the admin for explanation? It just shows how disrespectful your server admins are. If you want the players to respect you then you should respect them, too. You can't do stuff like this when less and less people play PR. It just drives them away. I was trying to report a player that doesn't respond and runs around alone not helping the team. Instead I got a warning and a kick.

And being tired of players not knowing the rules is no excuse for being a douche. If you get tired of being an admin then you shouldn't be one.
  • Taavi
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #4046 by Taavi
I admit my mistake for not reading the rules. And I expect your admin to admit his mistake for being a douche.
More
8 years 1 month ago #4047 by whatthehell
Replied by whatthehell on topic Admin behaviour
that's the spirit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tequila
  • Taavi
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago #4048 by Taavi
In addition, not explaining this to the players while warning them, isn't doing any good for you. Instead players will keep on doing it because they don't know what they are doing wrong. I didn't know what I did wrong until today and probably would have reported no mic again. Also it disencourages people to report harmful activity. How is it smart to behave like that? You should know better.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds