PR

• =HOG= c0dyb
  • =HOG= c0dyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #698 by =HOG= c0dyb
PR was created by =HOG= c0dyb
so ive tried to play PR a couple times, it doesnt seem that receptive to new players, most of the time all but maybe 1-2 infantry squads are instalocked as soon as a match begins, the fun stuff is bogarted, i guess i wasted my time getting nass to set the training server to muttrah the chances of ever actually flying are basically nilch.

im not bitching just giving you guys my experience as someone new to PR, obviously theres enough veteran okayers to consistently fill the servers so maybe no one cares
  • =HOG= Moozery
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • =HOG= System Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #700 by =HOG= Moozery
Replied by =HOG= Moozery on topic PR
Locked squads, really? Were you on our server?
During the match briefing time, squads are often locked so that squad leaders can get the people they want (friends, clan mates, etc) and then they open it up after. As far as I recall, only certain types of squads are allowed to be locked afterwards.

As for flying, I used to find I never had a problem getting into a trans squad, though that was back when there were only 64 players in a server. CAS on the other hand, has always been hard to get into since everyone wants it.

"My brain has too many tabs open, and I can't figure out which one is playing that freaking song!"
  • =HOG= c0dyb
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #702 by =HOG= c0dyb
Replied by =HOG= c0dyb on topic PR
yea i was on hog

thats the thing squads instalocked for friends/clans sucks as an outsider no chance to play anything but the leftovers, ultimately i just gave up and found another game to play, i wanted to be able to hop in pr once in a while since its a huge part of HOG

edit**
not being an admin sucks for me too because there werent any admins on for a good while when i was playing and i was getting bombarded with requests and complaints, if i played again id probably just not wear my tags
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by =HOG= c0dyb.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #751 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic PR
Drama queen.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #752 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic PR
and its not true.

YOU have the same chance that anyone has of getting any squad. You see, there is a timer, and it prevents squad creation until 1:30, well 1:29 to be exact and at that point you can try and get the squad.

You are right that the veteran players, like ANY video game ive ever seen, will not step aside and let new people have all the stuff, again, make the squad before they do.

But, this game isnt for everyone, cheers!
  • =HOG= c0dyb
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #755 by =HOG= c0dyb
Replied by =HOG= c0dyb on topic PR

Drama queen.

what a nice attitude to have.

i don't expect anyone to "step aside" to get "all the stuff" i expect people to be friendly and welcoming, and to share, we never treat people like that in ARMA, i almost always go out of my way to help a new player to our server get started whether they are HOG or they are a pubber

Also as a new player being a squad leader really isn't appropriate i'm sure you know that, it just sucks that theres such an nearly impassable gap between new and veteran and the people willing to lend a hand are few and far between, i actually asked haley for help that i never received, i wanted to get the training server set to muttrah so i could practice dropping crates on rooftops, i only mention this because he/she felt the need to add in that lovely and very useful comment to the thread
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds