The forum is in read only mode.

engaging enemy jet over main rule

• =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #10318 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
we arent brushing it off, just because we dont change it to your liking doesnt mean we are brushing it off, if we were brushing it off, we would not be responding.

What we are doing is having a discussion. We are hearing your suggestions and letting you know that we feel it would cause more trouble, more lies and more work to do it the way you and the other servers do it. Our rule, while not perfect, does work and we appreciate your input. Having a jet run home during a fight can be because of many reasons, could be damaged, could be low on armament or could be trying to make you stop attacking it. We understand the latter is a chicken shit thing to do but all around it seems to work ok for us.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #10325 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
Im not brushing it off...the rule u propose was the rule we had....which had to be changed due to a massive number of infractions, complaints and hours of reviewing BR....it sucked...everyone one involved lied and cheated...

and there u have it...

Well, what do you mean? I get though that you are brushing this off, changing the rule isn't really worth the effort and the current rule makes things more easier when looking for the culprit.

But with the current rule you are always going to have many situations where people get confused because they follow a jet back to its main and don't understand that they cannot engage it anymore.

More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #10355 by Im Druid
Replied by Im Druid on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
I want to kinda put a point in on our current rule and why i like it. I was playing on FCV the other night and i was going in for a landing. i usually do a pass over the run way if i miss it by a little bit. As soon as i broke from being right over the runway, i got killed by an enemy jet. I then complained to an admin reporting it, admin said he would have to review the BR file. instead of taking immediate action. This in itself makes me dislike the server more because i as a player got killed literally over my runway. And a rule was broken, but the admin refused to take action because he did not personally witness me get shot down over the runway, a few other players also witnessed it, but he still did not do anything about my report saying that the BR would have to be reviewed.

Our rule prevents this from happening ever. Our rule states that you should not be over enemy main with a jet or near it at all. And this allows us to pretty much either immediately take action, or prevent base rape from happening altogether. So i in the past argued against our rule as it stands and wanted to change it. But after experiencing the cluster fuck of what you suggest, i am in whole support of this rule. Haley and Super know what they are talking about when it comes to making the Admin's job easier, and make it easier for the admins to process punishments in game for breaking the rules.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Im Druid.
  • DogACTUAL
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #10376 by DogACTUAL
Replied by DogACTUAL on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
Why didn't you mention this right in the beginning? If i had known that you had this rule before, i would have understood your point way better.

I actually now think that you guys are totally right, having the current rule makes things much easier. Of course it is not perfect but you are right. The other rule makes everything to complicated and way easier to exploit certain situations.
More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #10377 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
Ive got the perfect solution.

Run every map in "inf" layout.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Jevski.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Im Druid
  • DogACTUAL
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #10378 by DogACTUAL
Replied by DogACTUAL on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
Variation is key. But jets are still the best. You should try them.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by DogACTUAL.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds