The forum is in read only mode.

engaging enemy jet over main rule

• =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #10308 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
one more problem with your rule change is it would allow and promote enemy jets to loiter around enemy bases waiting to sink their teeth into unsuspecting enemy jets.

Right now, if we see you over their main, we KNOW your not supposed to be there and you run the risk of being kicked or banned for it.

With the rule change, like haley said, we would have to spend too much time figuring out if your just waiting for an easy kill or if your waiting for the chance to say, i waited for the jet to climb above X altitude before i laid waste to it.
  • DogACTUAL
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #10309 by DogACTUAL
Replied by DogACTUAL on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
No, i am not the one camping the main, i am the one that chases the nme jet across the whole map, only to be forced to turn away at their main and them then shamelessly exploiting this. No need to get personal and accuse me of something.

And of course my proposed rule would still forbid camping the enemy main or loitering over it, no matter at which altitude.
The only time you would be allowed to be near the nme main would be because you followed the enemy jet there while engaging it. And once it would initiate the landing, line up with the runway and slow down, you would be forced to pull off, but only then.

I also see a problem with the system of dealing with baserapers you described, because after you are finished reporting the baserape to the admin the jet would be already gone way out of the airspace of your main since they are really fast.
And if the admin even has to switch teams first to check the map like you stated, then there is no chance to catch the perpetrator right away. The only way to prove his guilt would be with the BR, unless you take the word of the reporter and ban him without immediate proof.

The rule i proposed is already implemented on many servers without any problems. I know HOG does things differently, which is mostly a positive thing imo, but i think this rule would be superior if you would give it a chance.
But i understand that this is a fringe issue and therefore might not be worth the hassle.

I know ultimately i have no say in this of course, this is all just feedback and a friendly suggestion.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by DogACTUAL.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #10312 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
Providing both pilots are honest, right?
  • DogACTUAL
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #10314 by DogACTUAL

That will always be an issue, no matter the rule. People will always lie about stuff like this.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #10315 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
and there u have it...

That will always be an issue, no matter the rule. People will always lie about stuff like this.

• DogACTUAL
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #10317 by DogACTUAL

and there u have it...

Well, what do you mean? I get though that you are brushing this off, changing the rule isn't really worth the effort and the current rule makes things more easier when looking for the culprit.

But with the current rule you are always going to have many situations where people get confused because they follow a jet back to its main and don't understand that they cannot engage it anymore.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by DogACTUAL.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds