Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Making Spandrel, Vn3, Shturm and atgm vehicles UNCLAIMABLE

• KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #30245 by KubraKhan
Hey there!
I'd like to propose HOG rules be adjusted so all 2 seat weapons vehicles be considered unclaimable.
​​​This would apply to the Vn3 armored car/Spandrel/Shturm/wzz51 atgm AV - basically any 2 crew vehicle that is not an apc or mbt. The reasons are simple. 
In our fun little alternative reality, there are certain players who always play in Heavy Asset squads. They usually reserve spots for their clan members or friends and that is their right as per HOG rules and so be it. The problem is when these Asset squads want to claim every 2 crewman vehicle with a weapon system on it (except for AAVs and TOW Humvee).
A Spandrel or Vn3 is NOT an Armored Personnel Carrier nor is it a Main Battle Tank, so why should these asset squads be given control over these vehicles? These vehicles should be free to use for any 2 crewman regardless of the squad.

The argument that only heavy asset squads are capable of using these assets effectively against the enemy heavy assets is equivalent to saying that only heavy assets squads are qualified enough to use the atgm/aa emplacements and manpads against enemy heavy assets as well. We can all agree that would be pure nonsense.

Additionally, suppose a heavy asset squad is not having a good day and another squad might make better use​​​​​​ of said atgm vehicle/armored car. Or maybe the same group of Tank/apc junkies who use heavy assets everyday (and get God-like KDRs) just don't need an extra asset. It's just a game so any regular or new player should be able to have access to some asset play in these vehicles, and given that SOME asset junkies are toxic divas anyways, do we really have to be in their squad?
Some feedback would be interesting, cheers.
​​​​

The following user(s) said Thank You: Safety_Off, =HOG= 2IC, {MAJOR}SyedAbbas
More
2 years 10 months ago #30252 by SLATuAn
Spandrel/Shturm/wzz51 all of them re 1 crew vehicle from 1.5 ver if im not wrong. So they should not claimable... but admins still say them belong to apc sq.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KubraKhan
More
2 years 10 months ago #30259 by =MeRk= BluFFeR
Thats because its still in the rules

My own opinion..

I get where your coming from Kubra, but from a admin point of view its so much easier to admin when the vehicle's in any map are differentiated by having 2x crew and 1xcrew.
Its a simple rule which stops so many arguments on the server, it also stops CAS and Tank squads from taking them when they are waiting for their assets to spawn, or if they lose them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BaconCody, SLATuAn, KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #30260 by KubraKhan
I understand that Bluffer and I know you admins have to constantly sort this out. But it's never even been clear if Tank or apc gets priority over the shturm, spandrel or Chinese wzz51 atgm vehicle. Why not just let any 2 players from any squad use these assets? If anything it will lead to fewer disputes and the tank and apc squads can still grab them - they just can't claim them.
More
2 years 10 months ago #30303 by Mackey Moose
I think it is way more beneficial for teamwork if these vehicles remained claimed as an apc squad is much more likely to use an atgm vehicle to have impact in the round rather that 2 random kids from a free kit squad holding w and exploding. This is the same reason I believe AAVs should be claimable as well.
More
2 years 10 months ago #30304 by FREB_CRF
>if these vehicles remained claimed as an apc squad is much more likely to use an atgm vehicle to have impact in the round rather that 2 random kids from a free kit squad holding w and exploding

Lmao holding w and exploding is what 9/10 of asset squads do, and the other 1/10 explode because of no inf support, CAS holding w and exploding, and no communication. What game have you been playing?
The following user(s) said Thank You: KubraKhan
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds