Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Making Spandrel, Vn3, Shturm and atgm vehicles UNCLAIMABLE

• KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #30314 by KubraKhan
Mickey maybe if you were running that apc squad with ryan/vash driving and you guys were having a good round. Now picture yourself against a stacked team and not in an asset squad watching a good round go to waste. Wouldn't you like to know you could still grab a spandrel or shturm and make a difference?Also, I see too many asset "whores" rage quit after being slain and whoever is left in the squad doesn't even know what to do or care. Letting some random regulars give it a shot at that point wouldn't hurt the team
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by KubraKhan.
More
2 years 10 months ago #30320 by CitrousPt
Mickey maybe if you were running that apc squad with ryan/vash driving and you guys were having a good round. Now picture yourself against a stacked team and not in an asset squad watching a good round go to waste. Wouldn't you like to know you could still grab a spandrel or shturm and make a difference?Also, I see too many asset "whores" rage quit after being slain and whoever is left in the squad doesn't even know what to do or care. Letting some random regulars give it a shot at that point wouldn't hurt the team.

This debate is more or less the same as the Mech Inf issue where it seems like mainly an excuse for players that got shafted out of an asset squad to essentially force the latter to dedicate an asset to the former, except making it first-come, first-serve is worse. Giving a rando inf squad even the smallest opportunity to take what is essentially a critical asset on an asset heavy 4k, refuse to communicate with the other asset squads, then get it wasted is arguably even dumber then giving them all to a bad asset squad. You see this happen with AAVs often where they are often soloed, are out of position, and end up getting wasted. At least by consolidating assets under a single squad you can have the potential for a greater degree of coordination that just isn't really doable between two different squads that likely do not even know one another (or even hate one another). 
As for rage quitting, it's unfortunate but usually the squad lead gets passed to someone else that might be willing to open up the squad to other people. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: KubraKhan
More
2 years 10 months ago #30322 by SLATuAn
@CitrousPt
i dont agree about AAV, any asset squad could get that AAV with 50% chance but no they only focus to their main asset... for example they joined tank sq to get the tank, most of em re not waiting for AAV or dont have enough crew to use AAV thats why i got like 90% chance to solo AAV in khami map :D. so if AAV become to claimable then it gonna be wasted for my opinion.
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #30323 by SLATuAn
I have 1 point complicated to understand about rule 3.6 APC squad must be named APC or have APC in the name, unclear squad names will not be acceptable and can lock at 2 members per vehicle. APC's include Shturm, IFV, Fenneck and Scorpion/Scimitar. All APC's that require 2 crewman to operate are considered apart of the APC squad. Vehicles that take 1 crewman are not claimable. ATGM Humvee is not claimable as it's a humvee, not an APC. all of ATGM vehicles could use with 1 crew for now. That means all ATGM vehicles re not claimabled except Shturm??? Shturm can be used by 1 crew btw.... Should admin edit the rule?
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by SLATuAn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #30326 by KubraKhan
@citrouspt
You, bluffer and mickey all made some good points and I do understand what you're saying. Still, take the following into consideration: 

1. Most regulars know how to use assets properly even if they mainly play as inf. They shouldn't have to worry about the "pecking order" in the asset squads or some clan rivalry bs. It's just a game. Vehicle warfare has often shown that players who consider themselves experts in assets often get wasted like everyone else once the parameters change. 
2.  Some of us only have a few hours to play pr per week. We can't hang around to wait for a chance in the asset squad and then have some SL say he's got a friend coming etc. Again, it's just a game and gaming time is a very rare treat for some of us.
3.  HOG is usually the only server up so there are 200+ players trying to join and when you finally do most asset squads are full. After I've played as medic or been shelled/bombed nonstop on a cache for a few rounds, I'd like to chill in a shturm/vn3 without some asset diva reporting me for stealing his backup asset. 

More
2 years 10 months ago #30327 by FREB_CRF
>HOG is usually the only server up

This is perspective everyone should have when it comes to trying to trying to make rules.

The game has a hard squad limit of 9 and you'd end up with a bunch of randoms in a new asset squad because the inf squads are full or asset squads with more asset seats than squad slots. We already have spillover into trans squad sometimes.

Then there's the whole adding rules for the sake of making rules is always a shitshow. Beyond basic social lubrication like "don't grief each other" and game function like "don't engage in DOD" the addition of rules trying to change the outcome of gameplay is just going to make people upset and require more administration. I'd argue that you would want some more substantial return for the time and butthurt cost.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds