Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Making Spandrel, Vn3, Shturm and atgm vehicles UNCLAIMABLE

More
2 years 10 months ago #30328 by CitrousPt
Vehicle warfare has often shown that players who consider themselves experts in assets often get wasted like everyone else once the parameters change. 

Vehicle warfare is not a good indicator of an asset squad's prowess. You have literally dozens of tanks, apcs, and cas assets duking it out like it's a War Thunder match. As you yourself said, the difference in parameters between VW and AAS/INS means this argument is moot.

Some of us only have a few hours to play pr per week. We can't hang around to wait for a chance in the asset squad and then have some SL say he's got a friend coming etc. Again, it's just a game and gaming time is a very rare treat for some of us.

That argument works both ways. Some dedicated asset players also only have a few hours per week to play and they'd rather spend them with friends rather than with randoms that have little to no experience; you can't teach someone how to properly asset whore in a couple hours. It's even worse if the randoms are trolls, griefers, or just plain stupid and waste assets.

As for arguing that regulars know how to play, that doesn't really mean much to me. I've met regular players with over a decade of playing that are absolutely inept and brain dead. Others will try to coast on total hours spent playing as a means of covering for their ineptitude. People shouldn't be taking others skill on just word and total game time accumulated alone.

And even if you are an actually decent asset player, that means nothing if you have no synergy with your gunner/driver. Half of mastering assets is finding someone that matches your play style: a good gunner is only as good as their driver, and vice versa.

HOG is usually the only server up so there are 200+ players trying to join and when you finally do most asset squads are full. After I've played as medic or been shelled/bombed nonstop on a cache for a few rounds, I'd like to chill in a shturm/vn3 without some asset diva reporting me for stealing his backup asset. 

See my previous argument. I won't deny that asset whores can be absolute divas and ultra sensitive about who gets what. However, if you really wanted to "chill" in an asset, VN3s and sturms are probably the worst choice as they require a considerable amount of skill and patience to properly utilize. 

I get what you're going at Kubra, but as Freb points out, making a rule like that would likely be far too much work for very little (or even negative) gain to enforce. There is no guarantee this rule will improve the average gameplay experience of PR. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #30339 by KubraKhan
I get what you're saying and thanks for the feedback. Just gonna add why I've always felt VW is more challenging for assets and that's because the random confusion actually tests your decision making and you don't get to relax after dealing with 3 heavy assets and cas. But I've crusaded for vw for years without any luck and besides, I won't even be able to play pr for the next months so this issue won't matter to me. But there are definitely some very good asset players hidden out there (some new players btw) that would make good use of a free asset, especially on the weaker side.
More
2 years 10 months ago #30357 by FREB_CRF
The chad solution here is to get good at infantry.
  • =HOG=Rageblade
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who Dares, Wins
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #30462 by =HOG=Rageblade
According to rule 3.6 Any vehicle that takes 2 crewman to operate it is considered as an APC
3.6 APC squad must be named APC or have APC in the name, unclear squad names will not be acceptable and can lock at 2 members per vehicle. APC's include Shturm, IFV, Fenneck and Scorpion/Scimitar. All APC's that require 2 crewman to operate are considered apart of the APC squad. Vehicles that take 1 crewman are not claimable. ATGM Humvee is not claimable as it's a humvee, not an APC.

So when is comes towards ATGM vehicles some require two crewman to operate it. This means that in order to operate the gunner seat you must have someone driving the vehicle. For instance look at the Scorpion it takes 2 crewman to operate it, which means you cannot shoot the gun on the Scorpion without a driver. Now look the the SPG or ATGM Humvee, you do not need 2 people to operate. You can drive it stop anyway and shoot the gun.

If you need to review the rules check the link below 
www.hogclangaming.com/index.php/rules/project-reality-rules

If you have questions feel free to reply and we will help you as best as possible 

=HOG= Rageblade
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by =HOG=Rageblade.
  • =HOG=Rageblade
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who Dares, Wins
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #30463 by =HOG=Rageblade

Posted it twice

=HOG= Rageblade
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by =HOG=Rageblade.
More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #30490 by SLATuAn
@ =HOG=Rageblade
like i wrote above... All ATGM vehicles "include Shturm" can be used by 1 crew. So Shturm should not be claimable. BC some admins still say ATGM vehicles re claimed by apc sq.

3.6 rule is outdated!! should admin edit that rule?
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by SLATuAn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KubraKhan
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds