• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 5 days ago #17727 by =HOG=arm-off-please-help
Replied by =HOG=arm-off-please-help on topic Server Infrastructure
Hi there!
I really cant be there for the meeting so here are my two cent on the matters:

Hit detection:
I dont think we can influence that (But I dont know much about it either).
May have something to do with FORCEs latency? I almost never have issues with that.

Quality Gameplay:
I think admins role in improving that here is overrated.
Obviously we have to kick/ban asshats but I think a much bigger factor is the quality of the squadleaders.

And thats maybe a thing we could do better....actively look at Squads like they do on PRTA(?).
If a squad is all spread out around the map there they will warn the Squadleader.
I think this might be a good idea.

Then again - Squadleading can be a shit-job and not many are up for it.
So we shouldn't go to hard on them either..its delicate..

It would be nice to find a way to encourage Squadleading because thats a job only few are willing to do..
Maybe a Monthly Vote on Top 10 Squadleaders?

Regarding Jevski,
My personal oppinion is that he was too strict.
The future of PR very much lies in the newbies and I think you got to cut them some slack now and then.
Warning someone in a nice, NON-condescending way before kicking him often does the trick.
Especially if its about minor-violations like emptying a clip in main... I think Jevski was way too harsh on many occassions.
Personally I wouldn't want him back as admin but I'll accept whatever you guys decide.

see you!
Arm
  • [CRC]_FORCE
  • [CRC]_FORCE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 5 days ago #17728 by [CRC]_FORCE
Replied by [CRC]_FORCE on topic Server Infrastructure
RayRay, I am not saying we should play like ArnA . PR isn't ArmA and for reasons we also play PR rather then ArmA.

But I am just asking HOG to do what it taked to bring more quality matches like Haley said, kick/ban shit and toxic bags. Suffle Teams , have Mic Rule for SL's. English speaking Squad Leaders only etc etc.

I am not gonna blame anyone if that won't happen or isn't happening. But if you guys agree with my point of that HOG should stop pleasing the entire community and just be HOG again, then I hope you guys put the act behind the word.

Thats all I am asking on that specific topic. If that means bringing back Jevski, so be it. If that means Haley going on a rampage? Sure. If that means 30vs30 battle at best? Fine. Quality over quanity guys.

That's PR I think.

Corps Commander of Calamity Ravens Corps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=Rayray2014_
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 days ago #17729 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Server Infrastructure
tactical gamer was quality over quantity and they have been gone a long time. Also, you are thinking of days when there were tons more players, the player base is down for many reasons. a server also tried, twice i think to have whitelist entry to play, it too is long gone and HOG ruling with an iron fist did well for many years until the playerbase started droping and batman is right, hog too was going under until the ban list was cleansed.

Point is the game, community and view of pr has all changed and if we as a server don't change or adjust with it we will go away.
PR is in its death throws, most don't agree with that but as i write this there are 195 people on the planet playing the game. Its sad, the game is fun, just not to the masses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=Haley11thACR, fenneclat
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 days ago #17730 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Server Infrastructure
There has to be some middle ground...the way it is now sucks and the way we used to be wont work...Nardz may be the closest to some sort of compromise...
  • [CRC]_FORCE
  • [CRC]_FORCE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 5 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #17731 by [CRC]_FORCE
Replied by [CRC]_FORCE on topic Server Infrastructure
I agree with both sides, but I am too stubborn to give up. I already asked Scott to do one more OST for PR. He agreed (to my great surprise)

I will also talk to PR Devs and other Servers to see their point of view and available resources.
(Don't kill me for talking to BlueDrake as well, I heard a little bit why people hate him but he can do something barely any of us can, bringing in new players)
The community and the game has changed indeed. Because we allowed it to change. If those plebs can change it, so can we, question only is if we have the will to do so
If we want what we want we got to do something.
It may not work but then again, I think after 13 years this games deserves that one more shot.

Also when HOG was strict you guys were as full as you are now, if not more.
But thats just my PoV, and either sides have some factual truth in it, but eh, *try to change my mind lol* , I am too stubborn to trow in the towl just yet.

Corps Commander of Calamity Ravens Corps.
Last edit: 6 years 5 days ago by [CRC]_FORCE.
  • TheMerchantOfMenace
More
6 years 4 days ago - 6 years 4 days ago #17747 by TheMerchantOfMenace
Replied by TheMerchantOfMenace on topic Server Infrastructure
I actually believe that the pace of the teamplay, of the game, is a big factor, if not the larger problem altogether.

I remember moving through territory with squadmates in a controlled and deliberate manner, but these days every squad and every member of the team spawns, makes a run-fast-as-you-can b-line for the next flag, from the first second of the round, right through the end.

Everyone is throwing themselves at defensive positions like lemming to a cliff... get mowed down in the open, give up as fast as their keyboard/mouse latencies allow, and repeat as often as they can until such time as their nearest spawn FOB is destroyed.

Rush, rush, rush... it's all about the rush to the next flag, no one can get there fast enough.

Any and every spawn into any point on the map results in an immediate all-out sprint to the nearest enemy-defended position.

What about even a modicum of scouting when nearing the enemy position? What about lobbing grenadier smoke and grenades onto the enemy position before moving in? NO TIME! No time, who has time for that? Waste 15 seconds? OMG!

You storm a position, kill 8-10 enemies, flag seems clear, you're capping the flag, but suddenly, you're not capping anymore, and now you're getting overwhelmed, or you're wiped out by enemy at this same position at which you had killed so many enemies, all in the span of within 2 minutes.

No conclusions to be drawn here folks! Quick!, respawn at the same FOB, and run as fast as possible to that flag again... you know, that flag you were just at where a superior number of enemy has just finished handing you your ass, that same flag where the enemy now likely knows from which direction you'd initially attacked the first time, that same flag where they're now setup in defense, just waiting for you to come at them from the same obvious direction from which you don't have the good sense to flank them instead.

Trying to figure out which direction the enemy counter-attacked you on that flag is too mentally intensive, and even if you'd made the effort to determine this, the TIME, the time... goodness gracious, the time it would take to try to deal with that enemy FOB before trying to move to the flag again... who lives that long anyway? Just throw more bodies at that flag, multiply the fodder, that's the better, faster way.

No planning, no patience, no time... everything's rush nowadays, just like all the other shitty FPS games... rush, shoot as many as possible before it's your turn, quickly respawn, and start all over. Sad, but mostly true. Not the way it used to be.

Where in all this is a SL supposed to have time to brief his squad of newbies? When is the SL supposed to have time to explain to his squadmates how and when to engage or not to engage enemy, to not get spotted, to not shoot at passing helis or armor when the squad's mission is to sneak up on an enemy flag or FOB, to not peek when armor is within range, to not be on the same side of the building as the known armor, etc.?

How can we have quality gameplay when there is never any time to coordinate with other squads, when everyone wants to rush in, when no one has time to wait for the other squads to arrive and thus attack the flag from opposite directions, with grenadiers smoking the enemy so they cannot see your approach and shoot at you while you advance toward them, when there's no time to suppress them as you move in?

The team should NEVER move into an enemy flag until such time as at least one friendly FOB has been established within 200-300 meters of said enemy flag, and until such time as the enemy re-inforcement FOB has been removed, or at the very least, suppressed.

Crap! It's 2:30 in the a.m.... no time, gotta get a bit of sleep :-(
Last edit: 6 years 4 days ago by TheMerchantOfMenace.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds