Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

NOTICE: DOD rule change effective 11/13 (UPDATED for 11/19)

• Deleted
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago #32215 by Deleted

cohesion has gone right out the window

This rule has not changed. Please report squads that are clearly lone wolfs and not working together.
More
2 years 5 months ago #32216 by Juho
Honestly I've loved the change 95% of the time with only a few examples of it being bad. IMO base camping was a problem before but there wasnt much you could do since you couldn't shoot out of main so you got killed as soon as you exit. Now that problem is gone.
The only problems I've experience are cases where you can kill people/assets before they can be used. Some examples I've seen are on thunder f16 can bomb other main very easily with it being hard to defend. Falcon NL main is easy to camp and kill nme vehicles before they can be used (not sure if rus main can also be camped easily). Marlin mec main can be shot with tank/apc from the surrounding mountains. Defending difficult due to large open areas so even inf gets shot.
But most games I've played the gameplay has either not changed or been better. Not having to think about DOD when last flags are at play makes the gameplay so much better. On many cases the last flag used to feel like the end of the game because there wasnt space to fight for it before. Now there is the space all the way to main so you can actually fight.
Defending your main feels very rewarding and depending on map you have to do it less or more. Also looking for intel and kills close to enemy main feels very rewarding and in my opinion adds a huge amount of strategy to the game. The problem on some maps is that there isn't/isn't enough resources to defend your main and/or your main is too easily attackable by enemy so your assets get shot down even before they can be used. Mostly super happy with the change!
  • Deleted
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #32217 by Deleted
Thank everyone for submitting anecdotes and feedback, we've received some good ones.

Based on some of these observations, primary issues revolved around what we will call a "staging-area" (Thanks Mats for using that terminology). People did not find it fun being killed in main as soon as they spawned. Shame on whoever found it fun to be the attacker in this situation; you're selfish. Another challenge was for vehicles that could not easily defend themselves and respond right away (i.e. Trans pilots).

There were a few positives to be seen as well. For example, in a few cases, there did not seem to be a big impact on many maps in regards to the DOD zone. People were smart enough to work around challenges in this zone. The people who played by the rules in the past had confidence to combat the people who tested or regularly violated previous DOD rules, instead of relying on reports that had to be investigated and confirmed, mostly after the fact by the way of PR tracker files. We'd like to keep this, and address any unfairness in certain situations at the same time, without writing a bible.

So... we'd like to announce a change to the DOD rules which will be effective Friday 11/19 12:01AM EST

There are 2 different zone definitions: DOD is a transit zone. Staging area is a smaller zone that is most often located WITHIN the DOD. Please read carefully and note these differences in the following rule.

Enemy to enemy fire in a transit zone (aka DOD) is PERMITTED with the following restrictions:

Restriction 1
Everyone is PROHIBITED from attacking enemy staging-areas. A staging-area is on solid ground (e.g. ship carrier is solid ground) and includes repair depot, helipads, runways, command-post, vehicle spawnpoints, and indestructible spawnpoints. On many maps, this area is surrounded by and within walls. Should you cause damage or shoot into this area, you will be subject to admin action.

Note: You may shoot out of your own staging area ONLY to engage any enemy actively camping you. The enemy however cannot shoot into your staging area per Restriction 1 above.

Restriction 2
You are PROHIBITED from attacking any AIR vehicle with a surface-to-air, or land-based weapon/vehicle in DOD. If the air vehicle instantly dies in DOD from these specific weapon categories, the attacker will be subject to admin action.

If an in-game situation is deemed extremely unfair to one side, admin discretion and opinion overrides these DOD rules on a case by case basis.

If you want a basic guideline to follow: HELP YOUR TEAM ON THE FLAG/OBJECTIVE, STAY AWAY FROM THE ENEMY START AREAS. If you follow this guideline, you won't be in a situation where the above rules would apply to you.

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SLATuAn, witek3193, =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
More
2 years 5 months ago #32218 by sprint113

Muttrah city:
USA makes a superfob at the fortress and basically didn't play any of the flags.

Technically, isn't there still the Muttrah fortress rule?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deleted
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #32219 by migg
im really happy on the change because first admins will have a lesser time dealing with reports from dod kill the only flaw i see is that on particular maps dod camping is very one sided for example operation marlin theres a spot there around A6 hill where tanks can just camp and rape their main for the entire game i think i would love to see something like allowing superfobs to be built inside main just because the lack of defenses like on particular maps such ass (op marlin,op thunder,pavlosk etc) specially on op thunder on L3 K3 theres a spot there were people can camp rus main with hat kit and spotter kit as soon as the hind spawn the jet would rush the main and immediately bomb the shit out of main which is really op even tho rus team get 2 tunguska's some maps should get rework either extending the dod or putting up stationary defenses like the one on khami,kashan and other 4k 1 thing they should put a dome where no rockets and canons can pass cuz in muttrah we killed everyone inside mec team even on burning sands a u can still go really fast inside to the dome and bypass the shield so i think they should really implement the dod shield more effective but other than that i think reworking sum maps adding stationary defenses or being able to build inside the main would be a great way to fend off dod campers and, btw do cas pilots when in dogfight can or cant engage enemy jet once its inside in dod or even if ur in dogfight and he tried to run for dod cover?
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by migg.
  • Deleted
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #32220 by Deleted

operation marlin theres a spot there around A6 hill where tanks can just camp and rape their main for the entire game

They cannot under this new rule, as that is considered staging area, and likely they would be shot by FR which is now allowed to shoot outside of staging area, while the enemy cannot shoot at them, unless the enemy wants to be removed from the server
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: migg
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds