Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

NOTICE: DOD rule change effective 11/13 (UPDATED for 11/19)

More
2 years 5 months ago #32221 by migg
good change i think the new rule really punish people who dare to dod camp with special kits and ground
  • =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
More
2 years 5 months ago #32222 by =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
Replied by =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN on topic NOTICE: DOD rule change effective 11/13 (UPDATED for 11/19)
So basically this friday the old dod rules go back into effect. Pretty much sums it up. No more killing all the enemy vehicles while they are in main. You cannot chase cas kill, tanks apc etc in normal dod zone. Thanks les and everyone else who provided intelligent feedback. I think this is a fair compromise and its going to be better in the long run for both teams. The worst was waiting forever to use the tank or cas and simply get crates to make a fob only to find everything is on fire when you spawn.
  • Deleted
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #32223 by Deleted

You cannot chase cas kill

No, these updated rules allow exactly that, CAS can chase CAS. However ground troops cannot kill CAS in dod.
Ground troops are also permitted to kill each other in the transit (DOD) zone.

Killing in staging area for all troops, both ground and air is prohibited.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: migg
More
2 years 5 months ago #32224 by migg
thanks for the clarification
  • =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #32225 by =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
Replied by =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN on topic NOTICE: DOD rule change effective 11/13 (UPDATED for 11/19)
Okay to reiterate. You cant kill cas or trans over dod with a manpad or aa emplacement but cas against cas can? What about staging areas? Some maps have no hescos/ walls in the staging area. Marlin, Route e106, operation thunder, to name a few of many. The dod maps in pr map gallery do not show where staging area ends and where regular dod begins. If you simply say no killing in these zones based on the dod maps in the gallery its easy for everyone to understand. These rules are going to be  hard to follow and even tougher to enforce for admins if staging areas are not clearly illustrated in the pr map gallery.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prwars Nardz123
  • Deleted
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago #32226 by Deleted

You cant kill cas or trans over dod with a manpad or aa emplacement but cas against cas can?

That is correct.

I think staging areas will be easy to enforce. But you are now armchair theory crafting. In most cases that we've found around this specific context of "demarcated" staging areas, for this to be an issue, is a) the dod transit zone is so small, that an enemy would be able to even firing into a staging area. b) if a) were to be true, the enemy team has full authority to fire back without punishment, while the attacker will be admin'd.

If you as a human cannot in best-effort decide what is a staging area, the guideline I posted at the bottom of the rule applies to you. If you want to test that, I promise you will be met swiftly with a removal from the server.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds