Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

NOTICE: DOD rule change effective 11/13 (UPDATED for 11/19)

More
2 years 5 months ago #32209 by squires990
Map: Marlin
Team: Canadian
Vehicle: tank

Shot enemy tanks, apcs, logis, trans at their spawn point. Canada won the game by 400+ tickets. Large impact on gameplay.

Map: Basrah
Team: INS

British inf surrounded ins main and shot people in spawn from tall buildings constantly. It was a signficant challenge to spawn and get in cover before being shot. A cache spawned in view of ins main and was able to be successfully defended from ins main with mg. INS won the match with 4 caches remaining. Medium impact on gameplay.

Map: Fallujah
Team: INS

INS team blew garys up against the wall of blufor main, destroying every vehicle inside the hesco walls including tank, apcs, logis. I drove a bomb car into blufor main from A column entrance and detonated next to repair stn. Ins won with all caches intact, mec was unable to build any effective fobs and tank was only active for approx 5mins of the game. Large impact on gameplay.

Map: Muttrah
Team: USMC
Vehicle: APCs

Start of map mec rushed docks and attempted to mine repair bay area. Was able to prevent them by keeping apcs patrolling docks area until friendly mortar fob was built. Handheld AA stayed in docks most of the game attempting to shoot down cas over the water and were unsuccessful. No real difference in gameplay except both sides were very passive and it was a stalemate for an hour. Exits to mec main were extensively mined, but not in a different place to normal. USMC Cas was able to destroy a lot of mec apcs in their spawn, but were shot down by base defence AA eventually. USMC won by approx 180 tickets.

Map: Thunder
Vehicle: apc

Polish F16 bombed russian main multiple times, destroying all vehicles in the area. Russian team had to move vehicles into forest to hide them from cas as they spawned. Large impact on gameplay. F16 was eventually destroyed on its runway by russian hind. Poland won by 100 tickets.

Map: Falklands
Vehicle: Jets

Each side attempted to bomb the others runway with limited success. More jets lost to base AA than jets destroyed on ground (1 lost on ground on each team, approx 3 lost in attack). Base AA manned by cas squad while waiting for their jets to spawn. Due to jets being claimed and taken off immediately after spawn, there was very limited window to catch enemy jets on the ground, and base AA is very effective. Very minimal impact on gameplay.

Map: falklands vehicle warfare

Again, each team attempted to bomb each others main. It is different to AAS falklands, as many jets are on ground all the time, and players have to queue to take off, leaving a lot of targets on the ground. Bombing main was very successful initially, until base AA was manned, then all attacks against the runway were ineffective and attackers shot down almost right away.

Map: Yamalia

No impact whatsoever. DOD large enough with multiple exits several hundred m apart that no one even attempted camping or shooting into dod.

Map: Burning sands
Team: British/German
Vehicle: Tank, apc, cas

Attempted camping mec main with limited success. Cas missiles and apc atgms defeated by base protections, mec is easily able to peek over the first hill and fire at campers then return for repairs. Fob was always destroyed quickly by mec apcs/tanks, and AA was unable to penetrate base protections to hit mec cas as it took off/landed. Eventually stopped as it was detrimental to the team to have assets so far from the objectives. Very small impact on gameplay.

Map: Mestia

No impact at all, both bases protected well by dod and terrain.

Map: Karbala

Minimal impact. Some Polish firing into INS spawn area from tall buildings. NO impact on Polish main, dod and view distance dont allow INS to hit main.

Map: Outpost

INS able to camp exits of polish main, destroyed many logis, humvees etc with technicals. Eventually pushed them back. INS unable to hit anything inside the base, only approx 100m+ outside base. Polish lost by 2 caches, but outpost is very difficult for blufor to win on full server. Minimal impact.

Map: Jabal
Team: USMC

Able to HAT mec main including vehicles at spawn with HAT from E2 area. CAS attempted attacks on mec main and were immediately destroyed with base AA, manned by mec mortar squad members. HAT eventually killed by inf. No impact on USMC helicopters due to large distance from carrier to shore. Medium impact overall in this game, but very large impact possible for mec. Mec mortars very effective, and due to base AA always being manned, they were very well protected and stayed up firing all game, destroying all USMC fobs in range. Mec won by several hundred tickets.

Map: Vadso

British APCs able to shoot vehicles as they left russian spawn. Eventually hit with lat/attacked by inf and forced to retreat after small disruption caused. Mines on k9 bridge destroyed a lot of russian vehicles, despite their presence being marked and spoken about on SL comms, and having 3 other exists from the peninsula. Low impact.

Map: Kashan

No real impact, neither teams vehicles able to see and hit others inside their main base due to large dod area. Helicopter cas layer, so no bombing of mains attempted.

Map: Sahel

Limited camping of french and ARF main exits attempted. Dod prevents firing directly into vehicle spawns. Very limited impact on gameplay.
  • Deleted
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago #32210 by Deleted
Awesome, thanks for adding all of these cases
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #32211 by Safety_Off
Map: Marlin
Kit/Vehicle used: Tank

I killed 32 people in their main as they spawned
2nd tank (friendly) killed 45

Round ended within 30mins (10mins after tanks spawned)

Enemy team were very upset (understandably) via all chat.
How did it feel? Like having a wank in church. Partly amazing/Partly sacrilegious

Great example of what happens when one side is stacked against the other. Mec had no fobs, no flags capped within first 20mins and no base defense setup for what they knew was about to happen.

Upside Opinion: The new rule is still fresh so the novelty of base raping is too tempting not to try for yourself. It alters slightly the meta of flag capping and standard route blocking whilst adding an increased & welcomed sense of mayhem to every round.
Downside Opinion: If the teams are stacked its a zero contest and extremely frustrating being main camped and the round ending before it begins.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Safety_Off.
More
2 years 5 months ago #32212 by StarPlatinumX
Burning sands Aas stacked team british team vs my twink mec team. i was flying trans for about 5 mins rest of the time was spent grounded due to base rape. one sure fire way to make this change work scramble teams at the end of each round who cares if ppl play opfor twice better than allowing  this base rape non sense  from occuring and the constant stacking  that isnt mitigated by admins. we lost 193-0 with no scramble after. even if it is the map 193-0 should incur some type of change. 

More
2 years 5 months ago #32213 by Aquila^
Map: Adak
Team: RUS

There was a squad on our team that was dedicated to camp enemy main. They built a superfob outside main, effectively killing everything that spawned or planned to leave US main. Sir-Archer and i came with our BTR out of curiousity, stayed there for a minute or two, got bored and left. US side stood no chance.

Map: OP Thunder
Team: POL

Enemy CAS heli rushed my tank in POL deployment main, i shot him but the damage didn't register (F U hitreg), he left after being hit. Rest of enemy assets camped DoD borders, but we neutralized the most. Game ended in a RUS steamroll anyway.

Map: OP Falcon
Team: NL

First game i joined after the rule was implemented. I spawned in and saw everything burning in main. There was a superfob on a hill nearby main that destroyed everything that spawned. Game ended heavily in favor of RUS side.

I haven't been on a receiving side of this new rule, but i find it extremely boring anyway. People do not play the objectives, cohesion is garbage. Almost every round is a steamroll. Won't be playing until it reverts back.

As i stated on discord:

"1st) Teams have to dedicate 1 squad out of the game to defend game. Problem is, it is boring on one side, and second we simply don't have enough people (or people eager to play) to make PR function that way. Out of 50 pop/team, you have 42 let to play outside main. Consider inexperienced squads and freekits. You get the point. (Give us 150pop server then :P)
2nd) This will just incentivize those who want to camp to baserape instead. And it will be horrible. They will rush to do it. Certain maps are unplayable. (Fallujah e.g.)
3rd) On asset maps, whichever teams' major assets survive leaving the main will rush enemy main to deny the opposite teams' assets. This is absolutely contrary to the things you stated that you don't like, as in assets not coordinating with infantry. This will just push that even more, assets will try to position themselves in ambush positions around enemy main and with 1 infantry squad also out of play (possibly) there is even less incentive to play objectives."

My 2 cents is the same. Revert to previous DoD rules, BUT clarify certain situations that can create a dispute (mines, CAS dogfighting, returning fire into DoD etc).
Blank rules (Stay away from enemy DoD, 0-1000m e.g.) are not optimal since:
1st) They are defined by arbitrary decision of an online admin
2nd) The admin decisions frequently contradict each other.
3rd) Playerbase has no idea what is actually allowed or not.
  • =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
More
2 years 5 months ago #32214 by =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN
Replied by =MeRk= DR.WANKENSTEIN on topic NOTICE: DOD rule change effective 11/13 (UPDATED for 11/19)
i have to agree to Aquila.  gameplay is garbage.

MARLIN: 2 tanks shooting into MEC main from M column hill and simox was finally able to mortar one right before they raped us by 200 tickets.

FALLUJAH WEST:
I was able to make a tow next to fallujah main. It just doesn't feel right. 

Muttrah city:
USA makes a superfob at the fortress and basically didn't play any of the flags.
Gameplay has been suffered enough as it is with influx of non-English speakers, no mics, noobs and free kits, with regular rules DOD rules but this is taking even more players off the objectives and cohesion has gone right out the window. If I were you Les, I would change these rules back before everyone gets used to camping DOD and they have to relearn to revert to old rules.  Make a few map specific dod rules.  no ramp mines MEC main muttrah,  no russian main mines on Beirut, etc. 
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds