Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Lack of team scrambles…

• StarPlatinumX
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #33306 by StarPlatinumX
Lack of team scrambles… was created by StarPlatinumX
I play pr almost every night and one thing that irks the ever living hell outta me and possibly other players is the absolute lack of team scrambles. There is always a set winning team and a losing team. Games will end 200+ 300+ tickets in favor of the winning team and admins refuse to do their jobs. Maybe this has something to do with not wanting to spilt up friend groups but it’s rather detrimental to game play for both new and returning players. Most of the time people including myself sit on the team switch button just trynna get a win for the night cause if you find yourself on the set losing side all night you won’t get a win and the gameplay is Terrible (they’re the losing side for a reason). I fear it may also build bad habits with new players of the L side leading to even less team work/ squad cohesion overall. I thought there was something in the server policy about scrambling 200+ differences. Whatever the case something has to be done about this if possible I know it’s definitely a tough issue to tackle.
More
2 years 2 months ago #33316 by R1ghty
Replied by R1ghty on topic Lack of team scrambles…
If you're sitting on the teamswitch button, then you are part of the problem, not the solution. Every person who says, "the teams are stacked" and "!r SCRAMBLE TEAMS" and then wastes the game away in main is actively helping the other team. Take some initiative, lead a squad, build some fobs.

Team Scrambles don't work. People try to switch back to the team they think is going to win, which is why admins balance the teams by trading squads. You might not see the admins balancing the teams, but just because there isn't a scramble doesn't mean that we aren't working.

One last point: often, and I mean regularly, people "!r scramble teams" and when I check the tickets, there is less than 100 difference. These people are affecting the morale of the team, and it's like a self fulfilling prophecy.

if the teams are equal, and one team is saying "it's close, don't give up" and the other team is bitching about balance and !r SCRAMBLE, who do you think has the advantage?
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #33318 by Safety_Off
Replied by Safety_Off on topic Lack of team scrambles…
Team stacking definitely exists, Platinum is right. Some people are prolific for it. Buefor whores, assets whores, for kits or positioning yourself for ease of gameplay to rack up kills. It can happen over 3 rounds in a row or all of a sudden after multiple rounds of decently balanced experience levels.Remember there are multiple timezones when the server is active 24/7 so even if you don't see it in yours, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

That being said Righty is also right.Far too many people, especially the less experienced/younger players give up or complain the moment the fight turns against them. The learning curve on this game is brutal so when you have a squad full of newbies it can certainly look daunting sometimes.

As Righty said; Don't give! Keep fighting! More often than not the ticket difference is way closer that it might feel. Persistence and perseverance creates solid players in PR and getting slaughtered is a great way of quickly learning your downfalls in prep for better engagements in the future.

ALOT more people in this community need to step up and give squad leading a go. Both new players and old alike. There are way too many people sitting back, not helping the team and complaining about getting shot all the time whilst being nowhere near their squad or the objectives.

Choose your fights. If you can see your team is struggling, don't keep attacking them, pull back and set up defense. Both the PR Manual and the PRTA Guide to Squad Leading pdf's have some really good tips on how to better handle yourself in battle including prep and setup of your team based on skill sets, communication barriers and kit allocation. Put some effort into learning the game and accept that you're probably going to be killed not matter what. Its all apart of it.

And finally, having the awareness to see you're side is dominating the game after a few rounds and utilizing integrity to offer to swap your squad is also a way to combat the topic and to support the community.

I cant seem to link the PRTA Guide to SL'ing document. 'Attachment file size exceed limit allowed by configuration' 
Can someone link the web address for it?

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Safety_Off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StarPlatinumX
More
2 years 2 months ago #33341 by squires990
Replied by squires990 on topic Lack of team scrambles…
one time recently I checked the tickets after getting spammed to balance teams and the tickets were exactly equal lol
More
2 years 2 months ago #33348 by migg
Replied by migg on topic Lack of team scrambles…
honestly most of the teams these days has either they have good asset players > bad inf sq vice versa and one of the problem is players dont wanna be in the losing team or getting clubbed by other good asset,inf players so they end up switching to the more organize side instead of trying to win the unexperience side
  • StarPlatinumX
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #33351 by StarPlatinumX
Replied by StarPlatinumX on topic Lack of team scrambles…
Well I know I am part of the problem although I only team switch after getting my ass handed 3-4 games and want to feel a win before logging off. However this is a bigger issue overall as safety stated the lack of initiative from new and old players to lead. My only counter argument to that is the losing team is losing because players refuse to cooperate. So many times have I made a squad only to be free kitted by players, have players go lone wolf, refuse orders, and or they just don’t understand English. I’m here to play and lead not micro manage people half way across the map from me. I can understand your frustration with less than 200 ticket reports but my claim is that 200+ 300+ games don’t get scrambled even after I report them. I play usually between 22-4 gmt est maybe you admin at a different time and don’t witness what I do.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds