Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Lack of team scrambles…

More
2 years 2 months ago #33368 by migg
Replied by migg on topic Lack of team scrambles…
most of the inf sq just either waste a logi by trying to build fancy with the fobs and ended up dying or just wont build strategically placed fobs they either put it right inside the flag or right in the open

whenever im doing assets and feeling like my team needs our help we build fobs atleast 2 fobs minimum max it 4 i remember it in maps like khami or kashan where people are just unorganize building retarded fobs inside flags, we won the game because of the 2 strategically placed fobs thats why strategically placed fobs will place you into somewhat winnable situation even if ur team isn't competetive at all
The following user(s) said Thank You: StarPlatinumX
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #33369 by Safety_Off
Replied by Safety_Off on topic Lack of team scrambles…
Guest admin privilege's incorporate the ability to mark players or entire squads for team switching for the following round.
The action itself isn't hard but the potential complications, the reasons for doing it or having people manually switch themselves back the next round create the additional variables which is why the function to switch mid-round was removed and is why the conversation tends to get stamped out.

Before people volunteer themselves to be and receive quest admin privileges, they're players just like everyone else.
Stop viewing them like omnipotent beings that control the community how this game is played. They're here to play the game themselves along with voluntarily having the responsibilities of; helping to guide players who need it, drive a supportive culture of teamwork and communication and reprimand players who choose to break the rules.

We're all individuals here to play the awesome game that is PR and we're all responsible for how the community is run and how rounds are played out.

Here is the structure of responsibility as I see it (In order);

No. 1 Players:
Where everyone starts. Play your role as a member of the team and own the position you've been given. Listen and react to your squad leader and play your part in the overall objective of the round.

No. 2 Squad Leaders:
Lead with assertion. If you have squad members not participating in squad based objectives that you've directed, first warn them and if they don't listen, eject them from your squad.
Talk to other squad leaders and figure it out together.

No. 3 Team:
If your team is getting steamrolled, change up the tactics. Persevere and persist in a new direction using different tactics to the ones that weren't previously working and adapt to the situation.

No. 4 Admins:
Be on the look out for obvious signs of steam stacking, lack of squad/ team cohesion or individual players either team or asset or kit whoring. (over multiple rounds).
Offer suggestions to squad leaders or the team for better solutions and promote communication and cohesion over warning or punishing for failed tactics.

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Safety_Off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BaconCody, =HOG=Justice, StarPlatinumX
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #33373 by BaconCody
Replied by BaconCody on topic Lack of team scrambles…
My two cents on this topic -

Its getting more and more tricky to balance the teams.
  • The influx of new players causes a high difference in the performance of the players
  • Veterans usually play together - hence they switch to the same team
  • Asset-whores switch to the asset side / same goes for Blue- and INS-whores
These issues are known and can usually be addressed. However its getting more and more tricky due to the points mentioned above are turning into an extreme.

To even this out we were usually trading "bad" sqs with good sqs and trying to split asset players evenly between the teams.
As some of you have recognized admins started to sanction players that switch teams to often and switch to hog assets every round. Further the mid-game switch has been disabled due to the amounts of players that wanted to get switched to their friends / winning team (always wanna get switched to the wining team LMAO)

Once we put effort into balancing the teams following occurs:
  • Players ( *-whores) kept switching back to their previous team after they were scrambled.
  • Further over the time 2-3 rounds the balanced teams kept segregating - balanced teams kept getting more and more unbalanced - players kept switching to the wining side - you get the idea.
  • Once a sq got marked for switching they leave after the game (not saying anything in advance)
- therefore the scramble didnt change anything.

We can only switch entire sqs or use !scramble which kinda doesnt help much. Further, a unbalanced round does not necessarily mean that the teams are unbalanced. Two or three unbalanced rounds require a scramble tho...

Now and then sqs voluntary ask for a switch to balance - greatly appreciated.
On the other hand there are players that even switch mid round to the winning team and even announce their motivation of not wanting to play with the winning team... (K*va - i know u, and ill kick u again XAXAXA)

Since the most of us are guest admins we want to play in the first place - admining comes last.

What YOU can do - stick to your team (apart from switching to even it out), dont *-whore, apply for admin.
The next step is to reduce the setting for the autobalance sou wont be able to switch yourself. May even !tb switching players...

Personal opinion:
If you are just complaining and do the mentioned things you are part of the problem - and ill treat you like a problem.
The tools for guestadmins are limited - the biggest influence have the players themselves. Show some responsibility.
I care less and less about this issue. Simply cant be bothered any more - if you cause the problem learn to live with it.
PR players are very entitled but do not contribute anything to the game or community (Mvotes - another topic)

TLDR: Go intercourse yourself

Maybe i am just 2NICE - maybe i have to Jevski some more...

"You know I’m proud to have that German blood, there’s no question about it. Great stuff"
- Donald J Trump
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by BaconCody.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deleted
  • StarPlatinumX
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #33376 by StarPlatinumX
Replied by StarPlatinumX on topic Lack of team scrambles…
What a ridiculous response, it’s the players fault. Typical response from Hog to deflect an admin issue. Your job is in your title why apply if you don’t want to your job? Policing the server is your role. Majority of you admins stack to one side, I’ve seen it others have too, you guys are equally to blame for what happens. I understand you want to play too but the servers health and game flow should be an admins priority. your petty opinion on player responsibility sounds like an excuse to me to avoid the issue and it sounds like something that gets constantly danced around. Most of you admins do the most when it comes to making players abide by the rules now someone asks for some of that effort to be placed on balancing now it’s a “player issue” “our tools are limited” “playing comes first administrating last”
  • StarPlatinumX
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 2 months ago #33377 by StarPlatinumX
Replied by StarPlatinumX on topic Lack of team scrambles…
I agree with safety tho. He’s got the right idea it’s a 2 front issue both players and admins. However admins can do more to mitigate the problem. I know I’ve started to prevent the issue as a player but can I alone make a difference? Of course not however admins can. Maybe this is just gonna ultimately end with me applying to be a guest admin since people here are more focused on wanting to play than administrating
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #33380 by Safety_Off
Replied by Safety_Off on topic Lack of team scrambles…
Star you need to go back and read the entire thread from start to finish.

Everyone has agreed that admins play a part of responsibility for the topic but are telling you its not all up to them. That it's up to us as the players who need to own it before asking them to hold our hands in fixing a problem that's mostly created by players.

If you choose to get baited into one comment surrounded by a lot of really really good feedback and acknowledgment, that's entirely on you.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Safety_Off.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds